Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

it is crazy i remember when Schumacher won his 7th & then 2 years later retired. 7 world titles 91 wins seems unbeatable in the same way that if you had said today, that Verstappen will win 100+ races & 8 world titles. it seems impossible. an outstanding achievement & in them 100 races some stunning wins as well

Japan 2007
Britain 2008
Hungary 2009
Bahrain 2014
Germany 2018
Singapore 2018
Turkey 2020

This seems to be one of those seasons that will be resolved by the team / driver who makes the fewest mistakes.

The Red Bull is probably the best car this season but it's not over until the engraver has done his work.

100 F1 wins is a remarkable achievement.

No two ways about it.

This seems to be one of those seasons that will be resolved by the team / driver who makes the fewest mistakes.

The Red Bull is probably the best car this season but it's not over until the engraver has done his work.

100 F1 wins is a remarkable achievement.

No two ways about it.
Maybe Hamilton can luck into the championship like Raikonnen in 07.

Do we think Hamilton has a path to the championship when we look at the remaining circuits?
i think, i couldnt call it all year ive been 50/50 but oddly the Russian GP has been a disaster for Lewis Hamilton. because i feel like he has won the battle but lost the war. because verstappen now has 4 engines to Lewis 3. but is 2 pts behind

I would be surprised if this is Verstappen's last engine due to either his driving habits or reliability, when he takes another then Hamilton takes one making them equal, let Bottastry for a win, if he not quick enough and Hamilton is then swap them, Bottas should thank Mercedes as he hasn't performed for two years at least and would have been out of F1 without Mercedes negotiating on his behalf. After Sunday's performance I think I might look at get out clauses if I was Alfa

i think, i couldnt call it all year ive been 50/50 but oddly the Russian GP has been a disaster for Lewis Hamilton. because i feel like he has won the battle but lost the war. because verstappen now has 4 engines to Lewis 3. but is 2 pts behind
Russia was for sure a bad outcome for Lewis. He needed more mileage out Verstappen's engine penalty. I doubt when Hamilton starts at the back that he will finish second. That just isn't possible given the current pace of mclaren, ferrari and red bull. Starting from the back, he can likely expect a 5th place finish.

Last edited:
I think it is important has a lead because it does change the mindsets of both.

Is Verstappen going to risk another move and risk another no score?

Wet weather plays havoc especially Brazil. Mclaren have emerged a real threat especially on power circuits. Those dubious 5pts will become a talking point

I use to remember Senna always had a knack of pushing his Honda engines to the limit and somehow still winning the races

I would be surprised if this is Verstappen's last engine due to either his driving habits or reliability, when he takes another then Hamilton takes one making them equal, let Bottastry for a win, if he not quick enough and Hamilton is then swap them, Bottas should thank Mercedes as he hasn't performed for two years at least and would have been out of F1 without Mercedes negotiating on his behalf. After Sunday's performance I think I might look at get out clauses if I was Alfa
:Bottas hasn't performed for two years at least"? He's been second the last two seasons. How is that not performing???

Last edited:
siffert_fan
2018 - he was 5th behind Kimi & Max. after his teammate won the title with 11 wins. to bottas 2 poles

2019 - 2nd yes but he only turned up to the 1st 4 & American GP the car was head & shoulders better & 60% of the grid couldve got that car 2nd

2020 - where do want to start won 2 races when hamilton had grid penalties. but for Ferrari self destructing like usual, & verstappen with a much inferior car for terrible luck he had in the Italian races & reliability in general shouldve finished 2nd. then their russell on debut in an illfitting beating bottas easily in that race

2021 - driver of the weekend undoubtedly in monza but i dont see how any one can defend his performance in sochi. even taking verstappen overtake out of consideration. if people questioned why he was replaced in monza they were reminded in Sochi

Last edited:
At the time, externally, it looked like one of the bravest decisions in the history of brave decisions in the sport. (I looked particularly foolish afterwards)...

However, maybe Hamilton saw that McLaren just didn't have the right infrastructure going forward. Whatever, it turned out to be an inspired decision.

I can't find the look-a-likes thread so i shall leave this here. Courtesy of Private Eye

1633010904192.png

it is crazy i remember watching that debut race, so clearly & how big an underdog he was despite the obvious talent you could clearly see.

but it interesting how things changed since that 2007 season. because then 22yr seemed young & now he is the 3rd oldest debutant on the grid. max verstappen his title rival while still younger than hamilton was when he made his debut. had raced 79 times, won 8 races, 2 poles, stood on podium 31 times

Back
Top Bottom