Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

See you could say that if they didn't make these tapes in the first place there would be nothing to leak. :whistle:

Yes, I am aware that sometimes they are made by nefarious means which are out of their control sometimes as well.

If that tape pops up and I have to see it in any way I might just :sick:

Jacques Villeneuve quote:

"He [Schumacher] has a total lack of respect for other drivers and what racing is all about....In F1 it's almost everyone too. They change lines and move when braking--things you should not see..."

Villeneuve said there is a notable exception on the F1 grid--five time world champion Lewis Hamilton

"Lewis is great because so far he had done nothing that is beyond the boundaries...That's the big difference--he's more of a gentleman on the track. A quick driver but clean."

Source: https://www.grandprix.com/news/schumacher-had-no-respect-villeneuve.html

Now, Villeneuve generates all kinds of quotable opinions, but on this one, I think he is correct. I have been saying for a long time that Hamilton is a cleaner driver than a Senna, Schumacher, Vettel or Verstappen. This statement always seems to rile people up because of the anti-Hamilton crowd out there. But in the end, while he has certainly had a number of hard racing incidents, the count of dirty incidents and accidents he causes is less than a lot of top drivers.

There isn't a great deal of love lost for Mr (listen to meee!) Villeneuve on here and his often far fetched headline grabbing quotes, but in this case I would also agree, perhaps more recently to his (Hamilton's) detriment. You could argue he's been a little too gentlemanly on track in some recent battles.

That said, the headline and the suggestion he's surprised people don't frequently die in the lower categories is for more typical of the man, or the press' apparent obsession with quoting him!

There isn't a great deal of love lost for Mr (listen to meee!) Villeneuve on here and his often far fetched headline grabbing quotes, but in this case I would also agree, perhaps more recently to his (Hamilton's) detriment. You could argue he's been a little too gentlemanly on track in some recent battles.

That said, the headline and the suggestion he's surprised people don't frequently die in the lower categories is for more typical of the man, or the press' apparent obsession with quoting him!

Well, I was a big fan of Jacques Villeneuve as a driver in Indy Car and in Formula One, but as a commentator, he does seem to rather deliberately make inflammatory quotes so he can get headlines. Still, I thought this was an interesting enough one that it deserved to be flagged.

I always find it interesting when people bring up the "anti-Hamilton" argument, yet mention is never made of the far more obvious anti_German(ic) attitude. Even JV overlooks the misdeeds (and they were legion) of Senna to claim that the rot started with Schumacher! And who are the most denigrated drivers around? Even a cursory look would make it appear that they are all Germanic: MS, SV, and MV.

I always find it interesting when people bring up the "anti-Hamilton" argument, yet mention is never made of the far more obvious anti_German(ic) attitude. Even JV overlooks the misdeeds (and they were legion) of Senna to claim that the rot started with Schumacher! And who are the most denigrated drivers around? Even a cursory look would make it appear that they are all Germanic: MS, SV, and MV.
Well, there were always a few questionable drivers out there, but certainly Senna was one of the more ruthless and unsporting drivers to come along. He also did it before it had become the norm.

Hamilton accepts MotoGP star Marquez's challenge for head-to-head battle
i

I think that Hamilton will loss more on the moto than Marquez will loss on the car.

None of these guys are John Surtees. Dovisioszo tried his hand in DTM and was not shabby either

Hamilton tested a Yamaha was it because the sponsors Monster energy and was not too bad. I am surprised Red Bull Honda aint saying something given the bike team is sponsored by Red Bull

olegg, I was more trying to support your view that Marquez is more likely to be closer to Hamilton in a car than Hammy will be to him on a bike. Before the neutered "Race of Champions" we now have there used to be a race between F1 and Rally drivers in openwheelers and rally cars at the end of the F1 season. The rally drivers used to wipe the floor with the open wheel racers both on and off-road.

olegg, I was more trying to support your view that Marquez is more likely to be closer to Hamilton in a car than Hammy will be to him on a bike. Before the neutered "Race of Champions" we now have there used to be a race between F1 and Rally drivers in openwheelers and rally cars at the end of the F1 season. The rally drivers used to wipe the floor with the open wheel racers both on and off-road.
I am not inclined all drivers of one series one to put above against drivers of other series.
That's why I'm interested will watch Lewis in similar challenges.
And by the way, about the challenge from Marquez. I was more wondering
if to organize a battle between a pair of drivers F1 (Hamilton + Verstappen)
against a pair of pilots MotoGP (Rossi + Marquez).

I was more wondering
if to organize a battle between a pair of drivers F1 (Hamilton + Verstappen)
against a pair of pilots MotoGP (Rossi + Marquez).

Nice idea. If you based it on the current form guide it would probably have to be Marquez/Dovi vs. Hamilton/Verstappen in my mind. However, if you went results based it would have to be Hamilton/Vettel vs. Marquez/Rossi

Nice idea. If you based it on the current form guide it would probably have to be Marquez/Dovi vs. Hamilton/Verstappen in my mind. However, if you went results based it would have to be Hamilton/Vettel vs. Marquez/Rossi
May be.
My choice was based only on my own taste

Savage article on Lewis concerning his recent environment wail on social media

I can't really argue with what they are saying but it's still savage.

Back
Top Bottom