Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Only a monumental disaster will stop Hamilton taking another world title now.

He and the team clearly have all their ducks in a line while Seb and Ferrari count the cost of every error.

On to 2019 then.

Listening to the radio on the way in to work this morning they claim that Ferrari have lost 64 points due to their own mistakes. They did not say what the break down of that points loss was between their two drivers. I doubt all 64 were due to go to Seb but even so, Ferrari have once again shown that they lack the management to win a title. Hamilton has spent the last couple of weeks jetting around the world focusing on his fashion collection and yet comes back and cruises to, what I understand was, a pretty untroubled win.

7DF48F87-D951-487D-8B69-E51C66C0F8A4.jpeg
Yeah cider_and_toast

If Lewis stays beyond 2020 the record for the wins could be on

I don't see Vettel having golden periods like he did with Red Bull winning a lot of races in a season and even Verstappen has not really kicked on to think about Schumi's record

Yes congratulations. He really has been in tremendous form all year and fully deserves a title he has fought tooth and nail for. He's made one of the other greats of his era look ordinary this year.

Is easily in the top 5 of all time if not the top 3 and I doubt I could really fault anyone who put him as the greatest of all time.

Greatest of all time, that's a pretty tall order...…... I think we just should wait until the end of his career, before even to ask that question.

Definitely top 5 of all time now. This has been his toughest challenge to date and he rode the early season question marks about his form and focus . He has been awesome since the summer

Then I guess that Rosberg must be one of the greatest of all time, since he was the winner of that particular two-car championship.

Not really. Rosberg beat him once and it cost him his soul and he had to retire straight afterwards. It being a two car championship played far more into Rosbergs hands than it did Lewis. Had it been a season like this one then Rosberg wouldn't have stood a chance.

And if Hamilton had been seated in any team other than Mercedes, the most dominant car the series has ever seen, he wouldn't have won any of these WDCs.

But you can say that about any world champion.

If Vettel had not been at Red Bull = No world titles

If Alonso had not been at Renault = no world titles

If Senna had not been at McLaren = no world titles.

Its just how F1 works. Someone is always in the superior car it's just using it to your advantage thats the skill. Hamilton has won at least three of his titles against top class opposition and, unlike some of his peers, has had mainly had team mates who are allowed to challenge him.

I know Lewis is not a likeable chap (I don't like the guy) but trying to write off his undeniable talent as 'just the car' seems a bit silly at this point.

Back
Top Bottom