Kobayashi out at Caterham?

Saw this on the Autoskysport Website yesterday. I don't think it matters who you put in that car. As the old saying goes, "you can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig"

I know this might not be too popular but I think Kobayashi going is good for the sport. He had his chance, had some moments in the sun but really wasn't all that. Not sure what Lotterer will bring to the team unless Caterham fancy Audi engines for 2016, in which case we could see Tom Kristensen in an F1 car ;)

The Motorsport Dictionary

McNish - (verb): as in: "to McNish their reputation"

1. McNish - To join a top level open wheeled motorsport series (example - F1) after a long and very successful career in other series. The performance in that open wheeled series is dissapointing causing lasting damage to the drivers reputation and ensuring that the casual motorsport fan is more familiar with a single season of failure than long years of success elsewhere.

Saw this on the Autoskysport Website yesterday. I don't think it matters who you put in that car. As the old saying goes, "you can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig"
Agree. Im a Kamui fan so Im probably biased but I think its kind of stupid to replace him when he's outperformed Ericsson for the most part.
It makes me wonder if maybe behind the scenes theres been drama (Kamui telling them the car is junk) which soured their relationship.

the team is strapped for cash but did not expect Lotterer who last tested for Jaguar over 10 years ago

I still think Sainz Jnr will get a drive because the team will Red Bull parts in the future

Last edited:
"André Lotterer will drive for Caterham F1 Team at the Belgian Grand Prix. The team will benefit from having another experienced driver at the wheel of the car throughout the weekend and the German’s feedback will contribute to improve the performance of the car. The weather also plays a big role at Spa-Francorchamps and Lotterer is one of the most experienced drivers racing under mixed conditions."

Hmmm, I've said it before and I'll say it again, they shouldn't have got rid of Kovi.

If they'd wanted another experienced driver at the wheel of the car then why not drop Ericsson? A statement with spin if ever there was one.

Back
Top Bottom