Kobayashi out at Caterham?

I havent heard a peep out of Koba, so I dont even know if he will be back in the car at Monza. He used to post videos once a week on his Youtube channel but I havent gotten any updates lately.

They just aren't taking it seriously, are they. They are using the season to develop cars and drivers. Well, drivers anyway.

They're trying to pay the bills I assume. Obviously it can't continue this way much longer though.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I'm a little surprised that Kamui can't drum up a bit more cash from Japan though. As things stand they won't get past the end of the season.

Dario Resta Why invest in a driver when the car and the team are a dumpster fire? As much as Im a Koba fan, I wouldnt invest in him while he's with Caterham. Talk to me when he's with a more competitive team.

Dario Resta Why invest in a driver when the car and the team are a dumpster fire? As much as Im a Koba fan, I wouldnt invest in him while he's with Caterham. Talk to me when he's with a more competitive team.

I see your point, but surely any investor would want to keep him in the car. At least that way he can show what he can do and maybe end up somewhere better next year?

Definitely understand why you wouldn't want to invest in Kobayashi. I wouldn't. Caterham is absolutely irrelevant right now and its impossible for him to show what he can do because the car is so bad. Ya sure he can go around dominating Ericsson but that doesn't say much now does it?

I see your point, but surely any investor would want to keep him in the car. At least that way he can show what he can do and maybe end up somewhere better next year?
The problem is that the car cant match the driver's potential. Youd be better off to grease the palms of a mid-level team to hire him next year or at least give him a one-off race to show what he can do in a decent car.

The problem there is that the decent cars have already attracted the big name drivers and why would they want to upset their championship hopes by bringing in an unknown. This will be why so many of the larger teams have adopted a smaller one.

Back
Top Bottom