Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

This was mentioned in yesterday's F1 quali on C4 to Vasseur who remains coy about the other Sauber driver

I think he deserves a chance and an interesting story is Arrivabene apparently spreading the gospel around the paddock " Lets stop Mercedes dominating F1 so putting Giovinazzi in is definitely one way to Mercedes drivers getting drives

Having just read the article it appears that Ferrari pretty much gave Kimi the heave ho and did nothing and on top the fact he was told Sunday morning at Monza that he was sacked . The timing and management of the situation was not clever

How did they screw it up? Raikkonen and Vettel started from the first row. Vettel decided to clumsily throw away a second if not first place. Bottas backed Raikkonen into Hamilton which also led to higher tyre degradation on Raikkonens part and opened up the opportunity for Hamilton to pass Raikkonen after his tyres had gone. Did you see Raikkonens left rear at the end of the race? A big chunk of it had delaminated and its surprising he even made it to the end on that set.

They screwed up from quali - they should have had Raikkonen giving the tow to Vettel - which explains Vettel's annoyance at losing out on pole

Then at the start it should have been Vettel leading into turn 1 but Raikkonen defended quite aggressively which then threw Vettel off and panicked him which led to him throwing away a win in the end

It is a series of catalogue errors by the Ferrari management

....Then at the start it should have been Vettel leading into turn 1 but Raikkonen defended quite aggressively which then threw Vettel off and panicked him which led to him throwing away a win in the end

Why? It would have been foolish to try to do a swap round before the chichane, it could have let Hamilton in. There was still plenty of time left to do that.

It is a series of catalogue errors by the Ferrari management

There always is.

Bill Boddy My point is Ferrari could have told Kimi let Seb go and block Lewis on the run down to the chicane

The message was unclear what both Ferrari drivers should be doing although some might say Kimi might have decided to stick two fingers and race Seb

Il_leone we saw what happened as it was, Hamilton got the speed advantage in the chicane and so went past Vettel along Curve Gande. It could have been past them both.

F1 truism: You can never win the race on the first lap but you can lose it there.

Bill Boddy I agree but I think the problems with Ferrari started the preceding before the race telling Kimi he's dropped and making a mess of the quali and not setting up Vettel with the tow to get pole. This just left the whole situation muddled for what the Ferrari drivers should be doing

The problem was not the race. The error was giving Kimi the tow on both runs in qualifying. If they'd given then one each I suspect we'd have seen Seb on pole and a completely different start and race.

Anyways if Kimi lines up alongside Seb . Will they race each other to the first corner now ? I mean they've had a few coming together at the start in the past including one at Sochi

Loved for being bored. And impatient
_104674345_kimiforpres.jpg

Last edited:
I don't praise Kimi very often but he was the only driver who had any idea how to control his car when he hit that boating lake in Germany on Sunday. Controlled it delicately and lost as little time as he could. Class stuff.

This exercise on a hard surface is very effective for the legs
and the load is comparable to a squat with a barbell
but without any danger to the back.
But to do this exercise, you need to have very good knee joints and ligaments.
Additionally squatting on a sling is also a balance training.

Back
Top Bottom