Head To Head Jenson Button vs Fernando Alonso

The Honda lump?

I think we can all but guarantee it will be better than the Ferrari PU, which FA was undoubtedly assured of before hopping on board.

I thought it was funny in the press conference that Alonso positioned himself as the Senna of the McLaren Honda, and Button positioned himself as the Prost. I bet that was something the PR people told them to do.
If anything this would be a Prost vs Prost battle. Very interesting indeed

It's incredible to think of the extent to which the Prost-Senna rivalry captured imaginations after 25 years even among people who weren't even around at that time.... How many times do we still hear mentions of a "Prost-Senna" type of rivalry between team-mates even today?

I predict that Alonso will have 25% more points than Button next year and will win the Quali battle, too. I'll wait until spring testing to make any Honda-McLaren predictions

Oh my word...

10857888_10152686816644442_3511626754850132648_n.jpg

Alonso should come out on top but Button will give him much better competition than Raikkonen

- they know each other from their Renault days and have mutual respect for each other as racers ... something Alonso did not have against Raikkonen or certainly was prepared to let him know

- Button's experience of Honda and Japanese culture will help him and the team enormously. In any teammate battle there will always be a flashpoint to up their rivarly We did not see it between Alonso and Raikkonen apart from Spain when they were on different strategies

- Prost vs Senna style will always be mentioned because that is the yardstick for interteam battles to the point where they were driving each other off the road eclipsing Mansell vs Piquet which eclipsed Pironi vs Villeneuve

- Both have very similar approach to racing although Alonso seems to be able to eek out just a little bit more and is relentlessly formidable.

- If the car is bad then Alonso might just blow away Button but if Jenson finds a set up where he is comfortable he will be thereabouts

Another note people like to write off Jenson Button time and time again and he comes back and proves people wrong again and again

Back
Top Bottom