Jean Todt: A "Poor Man's Max"; A "Joke"?

I don't want to get drawn into a tit for tat argument with your Ray but this is the quote from article from Jonathan Neale. I've added some emphasis:

We probably went backwards relative to them by about 0.7 seconds

I would say Mr Neale is making an estimate which you have presented as a fact. As Incubus points out, unless McLaren were able to run back to back tests in the same conditions they can't prove, absolutely, anything. Also, he's looking for an excuse to explain why Ferrari lept past them (my speculation).

Having suitably strayed off topic, let's see what happens in Germany.

Having suitably strayed off topic, let's see what happens in Germany.

Ok, FB, but this thread is about Todt at the FIA and the FIA changing the goal posts / rules mid season at Silverstone and Neale said this: "...the impact of the engine regulations and rules cost us more than both Ferrari and Red Bull - and that is a matter of fact, not opinion..."

With all due respect to you, FB (and to all the good folk in this thread), this above quote by Neale directly relates to Todt/FIA and Ferrari benifiting from the OTEBD ban.

Having said that, this is my final post on this matter until after Germany. Is that fair? :)

That's definitely a very precise and approximate fact there from Mr Neale (probably). Almost certainly categorical enough to lead to the humiliation and eventual resignation (if he's not sacked first) of M. Todt, in my opinion (or not, as the case may be).

That's definitely a very precise and approximate fact there from Mr Neale (probably). Almost certainly categorical enough to lead to the humiliation and eventual resignation (if he's not sacked first) of M. Todt, in my opinion (or not, as the case may be).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a second I thought you were going to write "categorical enough to lead to the humiliation and eventual resignation (if he's not hacked first)....

This is definately my last word on this subject, before, during or after Germany:

In public relations, spin is a form of propaganda, achieved through providing an interpretation of an event or campaign to persuade public opinion in favor or against a certain organization or public figure. While traditional public relations may also rely on creative presentation of the facts, "spin" often, though not always, implies disingenuous, deceptive and/or highly manipulative tactics.

Thanks, as ever, Wiki.

Ok, FB, but this thread is about Todt at the FIA and the FIA changing the goal posts / rules mid season at Silverstone and Neale said this: "...the impact of the engine regulations and rules cost us more than both Ferrari and Red Bull - and that is a matter of fact, not opinion..."

With all due respect to you, FB (and to all the good folk in this thread), this above quote by Neale directly relates to Todt/FIA and Ferrari benifiting from the OTEBD ban.

Having said that, this is my final post on this matter until after Germany. Is that fair? :)

Neale mentioned Ferrari as well as Redbull yet you conveniently ignored the latter to suit your agenda. Why?

Interesting to see that despite ‘investing’ heavily in Todt’s presidential campaign, Max hasn’t been afforded the influential platform he expected. Not only this - Todt has also moved to dilute the huge power base he has created over the years by displacing strategically placed personnel including his favourite lackey Donnelly who was effectively running a business from Place de la Concorde rent free.

There's an article in the latest F1 Racing magazine asking why the FIA insisted in holding the Bahrain GP in 2011, againt ALL opposition.

There's only one answer and we know it has to do with the Todt family's financial connections with the Bahraini royal family.

Back
Top Bottom