It's Hulkenberg in a Williams Renault

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Well, possibly.

Williams are now reported to be in discussions with Renault over the use of their engines for next season and should be announcing Nico Hulkenberg as one of their drivers. This presumably means Rosberg is on his way and Williams are no longer obliged to run Nakajima in the second car. Heidfeld appears to be the No1 rumour to join Hulkenberg in a German "dream team".

When was the last time two German drivers were teamed together in F1 ?

What will happen to Red Bulll's engine supply though or could Renault supply 3 teams?

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/ne...sip/Williams-to-confirm-Hulkenberg-/view.html

I know Williams approached Mercedes for engines but were turned down (anyone know why?) but I expected them to possibly go with the new Cosworth.

Either way, moving away from Toyota can only be a good thing now that they can get rid of Nakajima.
With all due respect to him, he hasn't exactly had a great season.

With regards to the driver moves, I can't keep up :blink:
I think I'll just wait until it's all sorted before my head explodes LOL

With regards to the question when was the last time two germans were in the same team. As far as I can tell the last time two Germans raced in the same team was Karl Kling and Hans Herman for Mercedes Benz alongside Jaun Manuel Fangio in 1955.

I could be corrected because it's late and my eyes hurt but that was the last time I could find such an occurance.

I think Williams are shaping up to have a good pair of drivers next year. If they do get Heidfeld it would be a driver of great consistancy who already knows the team and would make an excellent mentor for Hulkenberg to work with.

If Renault are a step up from Toyota and it's understandable why Williams are looking for the door there so lets hope they can keep up the improvment in form that they have shown this season.

cider_and_toast said:
With regards to the question when was the last time two germans were in the same team. As far as I can tell the last time two Germans raced in the same team was Karl Kling and Hans Herman for Mercedes Benz alongside Jaun Manuel Fangio in 1955.

I could be corrected because it's late and my eyes hurt but that was the last time I could find such an occurance.

I think Williams are shaping up to have a good pair of drivers next year. If they do get Heidfeld it would be a driver of great consistancy who already knows the team and would make an excellent mentor for Hulkenberg to work with.

If Renault are a step up from Toyota and it's understandable why Williams are looking for the door there so lets hope they can keep up the improvment in form that they have shown this season.

Heidfeld/Vettel, and Sutil/Winklehock both had one-off races as teammates in 2007.

Williams look to have a good driver pairing, but I suspect they may need a decent engine, better than the Renault at any rate to overcome their deficiencies elsewhere, unless they can get their flywheel KERS to work a treat.

Muddytalker said:
unless they can get their flywheel KERS to work a treat.
I could be wrong but I'm sure I read something yesterday to the effect that Williams have also come into line with the rest of FOTA now and have agreed not to use KERS.

I'll see if I can find a link...

Edit: Here it is, not sure how valid the report is though - The end of KERS for now

Back
Top Bottom