Poll How many Races will it take till Red Bull is starting races from pit lane?

After how many races will Red Bull be starting from pit lane?

• <5

Votes: 12 60.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%

• >15

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • It won't happen

• Total voters

P1

Race Winner
Contributor
Given the engine reliability issues, I could imagine that Renault teams go through their 5 allowed engine replacements within less than 5 races, and then end up starting many races from the pit lane.

What do you guys predict?

Last edited:
Even if they lose one in the first race and have to change it under parc ferme conditions they will have to start from the pit lane so I'm going to say at the very first race, unless Newey concedes and allows a bit more room for the engine to breath and dumps his tightly packaged bodywork, at least for the short term until he can figure out what he has done wrong...

Last edited:
I don't really think they will have as bad a season as everyone thinks. Yes the Renault is dodgy and RB have had very little running. But this is a top team with top people behind it. If they do have problems early on I expect them to be fixed quickly. I am expecting most teams to have early season engine trouble and to run out of engines before the end of the season.

I'm not sure whether the issues that are occurring at the moment would require a new engine either. Maybe ancillaries (exhaust, bodywork etc) rather than an engine, which may mean they do not actually have a reliability issue. That said, I am not 100% certain that anyone actually covered sufficient mileage to be confident that the engines will last sufficiently to only use 5 in a season.

I expect that at least one team of each engine will take an engine related penalty this season.

Back
Top Bottom