How do I...?

As a completely random thought, completely unrelated to anything I'm trying to do, you understand, but how do you link to a specific part of a page in a thread on this site (e.g. Page 15 of the music thread, say about near the bottom of the page, so that a particular song appears on screen, when some-one clicks on the link..)

In this particular random example, I could click on a link for page 15 of the music thread, but the link takes me to the beginning of the page, rather than the song in question that I was trying to link to which, as I said, is near the bottom of page 15. (If that was what I was trying to do, of course... :unsure:)

If this is possible, any hints would be great!

No idea, but like your attempt at subterfuge!

No idea, but like your attempt at subterfuge!
You mean it didn't work?! LOL

See the little number in the bottom right hand corner of the post, next to "Like" - #40 in your case?
Or the "Apr 7, 2011" next to your name in the bottom left corner?

Those are both URLs/Permalinks for the post

Thankyou Bro, that's great! :thumbsup:

You learn something new everyday.... :)

No problem.
There are lots of hidden/not so obvious features with this software so feel free to ask anything you like :)

I seem to have a problem viewing some images that have been posted by people.

For example this post by Speshal > http://cliptheapex.com/threads/poetry-corner.1464/#post-43728

All I can see in that post is "IMG" (The IMG are in square brackets, but I don't appear to be able to post it as IMG within square brackets.. if I try, nothing appears - just a blank space!!)

What's happening..? :dunno:

This isn't the first time this has happened, but I've assumed it was a one off or a problem with my end - oh, sorry, I mean at my end! :D

That means the remote server doesn't allow hotlinking, which is embedding images from their server on other sites.

It's not something that we can control at this end, or a problem with the software.

So when I try to post "IMG" within square brackets, but nothing appears, it's trying to post an image that I haven't designated - therefore, just a blank space appears?

To add a link to a post, just copy and the past the URL directly into the editor, like so:
http://www.google.com/

If however you want to link a URL to some text, first enter the text, then highlight it and click the Insert/edit link icon which looks like a chain link.
url_icon.png

Then paste the URL into the window which pops up, like so:
Google

I'm being especially stupid here Bro, but how do I add something that isn't an url - I was thinking of a song video particularly. Apologies if this has already been covered :embarrassed:

If you want to embed a video Jen, click on the filmstrip icon in the editor toolbar, 3rd from the right, bottom row.
media_icon.png

When the pop-up appears, paste in the URL.

It works for YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, Facebook and Google.

Just a reminder that if anyone has any questions about any aspect of the software, please do ask.

I get PMs all the time, whereas if it's asked on the thread then everyone can benefit.

If you want to silently quote someone so they receive an alert, click on the Quote link and remove all the quoted content, like so:

Code:
[quote="Brogan, post: 33003"][/quote]

Nothing will appear in the post but the person being quoted will still receive an alert, so it's a great way of getting someone's attention.

Bro, can one contribute without using a credit card? Do you have a banking facility that money can be sent to

Like to keep as anonymous as possible online, that's all

The upgrade system works automatically using PayPal.
You don't actually need a credit card to use PayPal, although of course your PayPal account name will be emailed as part of the upgrade process.

If you would prefer not to use that then by all means a bank payment can be sent.
Send me a PM if this is something you'd like to do.

Thanks for your interest and support :)

I am not sure how to pm yet!

Please pm me the details and I will do it

I know that it's not your business revenue model and more an indicator of support

I'll send you a PM now.

For future reference, to use the Conversation (PM) feature, click on Start a New Conversation in your Inbox and add any member names to the Participants field.

Or you can click on a member's username or avatar, and when the overlay appears, click on Start a Conversation.

Back
Top Bottom