How do I...?

I've added a new style.
It's a very slight tweak to the default style, just with a green page background and some darker shades of grey.
I will probably edit it over the next few days to make some of the other elements darker.

To select it, click on the style chooser in the footer:
style_chooser.png

Dark, deffo.
Does that mean you like it?
I haven't fully tested it so if you notice anything odd, just say.

I don't plan to add any more new styles as this one was a very simple tweak which still retains the brand identity (where's Simon Fuller :D) and also didn't require any new logos, icons, etc.

When it said a darker version I thought it was going to take me Max's spanking dungeon. Talk about disappointed.

Tis better a bit darker though.

Thanks guys, useful feedback.
I got very bored of the old design with the predominantly dark grey theme so I wanted to go much lighter and fresher this time.

At least now people have the choice and in fact I'm currently using the alternate style myself as a change.

I know this is probably going to annoy some members, and for that I apologise, but the code has been tweaked to block images, quotes and code in signatures.

Sometimes they can overpower a thread and although there is the option of disabling signatures in your account settings (http://cliptheapex.com/account/preferences), I feel the threads look better when signatures are limited to a few lines of understated text.

When I get the time, I will create alternative styles so those who wish to use the site with images visible in signatures can do so.

This may be a dumb question but I can't find anywhere that says what the avatar KB limit is for standard members. Is it hiding somewhere?:embarrassed:

"Brogan likes this", what does it actually mean?
If you read any interesting posts that you like, agree with, find funny, etc. you can just click the Like button in the bottom right hand corner.
It's similar to the Facebook like system.

It's quick and easier than just posting "lol", "+1", "I agree", etc.
Of course you can also post "lol", "+1", "I agree", etc. ;)

Sorry how do you paste an image on here again? Of a decent size I mean?
If you want to link to an image from a URL, just click on the Insert/Edit Image icon on the toolbar - it looks like a picture of a tree, 4th from the right on the bottom row of icons.
img_icon.PNG

Otherwise just click on "Upload a File" if it's on your PC - the server will automatically resize to maximum dimensions of 1920x1080 though.

Then you can embed the uploaded images either as thumbnails or full size versions.

As a completely random thought, completely unrelated to anything I'm trying to do, you understand, but how do you link to a specific part of a page in a thread on this site (e.g. Page 15 of the music thread, say about near the bottom of the page, so that a particular song appears on screen, when some-one clicks on the link..)

In this particular random example, I could click on a link for page 15 of the music thread, but the link takes me to the beginning of the page, rather than the song in question that I was trying to link to which, as I said, is near the bottom of page 15. (If that was what I was trying to do, of course... :unsure:)

If this is possible, any hints would be great!

Back
Top Bottom