His time is up fifty odd years later than it was forecast.

One of the truly great intellects of our time (and, quite possibly, of all time). An exceptional and inspirational human being. He will be greatly missed.

Weirdly this was the 1st thing i heard as i woke up to the 7am news on radio x & dom off chris moyles show. Woke up to "stephen hawking has died" i thought then things can only get better today. But on topic nothing i can say can do justice to Stephen Hawking. Because what a man, the advances & understanding in science that he progressed was amazing. Inspiration to millions, then great sense of humour being on many tv shows like Simpsons & Big Bang Theory. I just think what a privilege it was to be alive at same time as him like living in time of einstein & newton

Disappointed we never did get him as a voice option on a sat nav ;)LOL

Last edited:
20180314-183231.jpg

I had barely had time to absorb the loss of Stephen Hawking when I found out Jim Bowen had shuffled off as well.

March has not been going well.

gethinceri for me hawking more self deprecating than anyone & wouldve found most funny. Actually i remember Adam hills during Paralympics saying that they say thing far more "offensive" in jest that we ever do

He said this himself

received_10215843062138611.png

Last edited:
One thing Hawking said that I agree with 100%, but a lot of scientists disagree with, was that we should NOT actively try to communicate with any alien race we might detect, as there is no reason to assume that, were they to come here, their intent would be benign.

I suggest those scientists watch a "Twilight Zone" episode called "To serve man". They might change their minds.

BTW, any of you that haven't seen it should make a point of doing so!!!

One thing Hawking said that I agree with 100%, but a lot of scientists disagree with, was that we should NOT actively try to communicate with any alien race we might detect, as there is no reason to assume that, were they to come here, their intent would be benign.

Well, if they’re like us they’ll be benign at first and then we’ll find ourselves living in reservations...

Back
Top Bottom