"He's the one who's able to clinch a championship with a car that's not the best"

Maybe Mr. Alonso is not as bad as he has been painted by the British?

I'm sure he's not and I'm sure he is supporting Lewis after a hard time. I'm sure the fact it'll miff Vettel and Button a little bit is just an added bonus but one he's probably smiling at.

I'm not saying its a bad thing, as I said very Sennaesque and Lewis and Jenson played at it last year on saying they wanted Mark Webber to win the championship. Its all trash talk as they call it - the difference in F1 is most of it takes place in the press conference where in other sports its on the field

I'm sure he's not and I'm sure he is supporting Lewis after a hard time. I'm sure the fact it'll miff Vettel and Button a little bit is just an added bonus but one he's probably smiling at.

I'm not saying its a bad thing, as I said very Sennaesque and Lewis and Jenson played at it last year on saying they wanted Mark Webber to win the championship. Its all trash talk as they call it - the difference in F1 is most of it takes place in the press conference where in other sports its on the field
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My take on this is there has been a bit of needle and envy between Alonso and Vettel this season

From the moment Vettel had become top of the wanted list for Luca and Alonso making sure he does not get into Ferrari easy with a deal to 2016

Its things like Alonso admitting he did not care that Vettel was youngest double champ and Seb still not too happy about two wheels on the grass at Monza and then told the press to ask Alonso about dangerous moves when he was asked about shoving Button to the grass in Japan

Both Alonso and Hamilton believe they are better than Vettel who's performance are more impressive due to having the best car and leading away from the start most of the time !

I preferred when they were slagging each other off at least that was genuine, unlike this stroking each others egos rubbish

-----------------------------------------------------------

Actually I can't find any link or instances of them directly slagging each other off since 2007 and hardly any of them doing so in 2007 even.

Well it was all implied dislike, one thing is for sure they ain't friends and "A" giving "L" a compliment smacks more of an implied insult to "S" than a nod to "L's" abilities more of a continuation of the "**** RB" comment I reckon.

I've seen photos where they were just chatting and laughing with each other, I wouldn't call them friends (not many drivers are friends ;))but I'm pretty sure they don't dislike each other anymore. They've both said as much...

I do kind of think this is a kind of pyschological game by Alonso though, but I doubt it will have any effect on Vettel...

I swear a read a quote from Lewis(I think it was in 2009) when he basically said whenever him and Alonso are in the same city he texts him and they hang out. Weird, that's for sure... Could be true - who knows? Or cares.

I do feel Vettel has not yet earned Alonso's respect so far
Alonso feels possibly Adrian Newey is the reason for Vettel's success..( his Toro Rosso win was a Red Bull chassis designed by NEwey bolted with a powerful Ferrari engine)

Vettel was a bit of a wimp or sulker for saying Alonso forced onto the grass at Monza...he won in the end so why did he bother complaining afterwards.

Also Vettel did not need to refer to Alonso for his aggressive block on Button in Japan.

I remember Vettel last year made some ridiculous wall squeezing starts at Silverstone and Hockenheim and lost out on both occasion.

I swear a read a quote from Lewis(I think it was in 2009) when he basically said whenever him and Alonso are in the same city he texts him and they hang out. Weird, that's for sure... Could be true - who knows? Or cares.

I remember him saying on the BBC that Fernando joins him, his brother and Adrian Sutil online for games of F1 on the Xbox

Well I was being childish for a cheap laugh Bill buddy so feel free. I doubt he'd have run into the back of Sutil though he only lets Adrian play because he lets him past. :)

Back
Top Bottom