Current Haas

From the start of the 2016 season we will be able to welcome the Haas F1 Team into the F1 fold. They have just announced one of their drivers in a live stream on their website a really good signing with the talent that is Roman Grosjean. No word of the second driver as yet.

Stewart Haas Racing in NASCAR already stands the team in good stead to getting off to a flying start. These guys know how to race. In turn they also have one of the best wind tunnels in the world and CNC factories at their beck and call as part of the Haas empire.

They seem to think they can hit the ground running and score points in their first season.

I say good luck to them.

Last edited:
TR all Merc customer teams have said they do not have the engine mode that Merc use in qualifying. I think that's pretty conclusive.

TR I think I read Williams have only paid for spec 4 version of Mercedes engines and not the latest to keep the costs down for them

SO I don't think they have the engine with the qualifying boost

As most teams don’t have a huge money package, and never will until success hits, obviously, success is hugely important. If you have works teams selling last years engines, or B engines to poorer teams, it doesn’t matter how good the team may be, they just won’t get to the top. Close maybe, but the works team with all the badges and whistles and kudos, won’t let them make it. It’s a no brainer. The sport needs independent engine suppliers.

Which was great in the day's when Cosworth DFV engines were available because apart from a few manufacturer teams , the other teams could only really beat each other if they had a better chassis

Haas put in a really strong performance until their wheel mishaps today. While I stand by my comment in the PQR thread that I wonder if they can maintain that pace across a season given the need to develop just to stand still in F1, it is great to see more teams in the mix.

What did disappoint me massively was the attitude to the design of the car from a number of people around the grid this weekend. The accusation seems to be that the car is essentially a 2017 Ferrari. Prost, (as a 'true' Senna fan, a face I'd never get bored of punching) was extremely vocal in saying the FIA needed to look at the situation. Given that when Prost F1 folded in the early 2000's the diminutive Frenchman was very vocal about the lack of support little teams receive, especially from his native country you have to wonder why the change of tune from the Renault man?

As far as I'm concerned, pass crashed test tick, passed scrutineering tick, two very competent drivers tick. Good luck Team Haas.

Im fine with how haas are racing. If they make a competitive car fine by me & HRT Caterham manor were brilliant dverts for doing it all on their own

Although ill probally get in trouble for this but i hacked into Haas schedule. & can reveal there plan for next 7 days

Monday - pit stop practise
Tuesday - pit stop practise
Wednesday - pit stop practise
Thursday - pit stop practise
Friday - pit stop practise
Saturday - pit stop practise
Sunday - day off
only joking. Double pit stop practise

Wheels have been around for thousands of year, screw threads have been around for hundreds at least, how is it they still keep on causing inordinate amounts of trouble?

Because Vettel needed a safety car to get the win? *puts on tin foil hat*

Yep, I'm a Haas fan.

And me. More specifically a KMag fan as I love the 'drive it like you stole' it attitude he took on last year. Was looking forward to him and Max going at it as I'm pretty sure Magnusen is the one drive who on the grid who will take no crap from Verstappen.

Let's go back about 11 years, who were copying ideas from Ferrari through stealing technical information?

cough... cough... Team Alonso

Back
Top Bottom