Gaming Grand Theft Auto V

The last mission let me down a bit as well. Luckily online play has kept me interested in the series. I've decided that my 5 year mission is to get employed by Rockstar in time to work on GTA VI*. If I succeed in this challenge I will make sure that there is an epic ending just for you Plutus!

*Reality check, if I do manage to achieve the dream of a job at Rockstar I will only probably be responsible for drawing up the most basic of features. That piece of pavement furniture in GTA VI that you don't notice as you fly by at 200mph could be drawn by me!

Finally done enough grinding to get myself enough cash to buy a tank online. 1.5 million spent and carnage ensued however the online gameplay right now is a joke on the ps3.

The economy has been ruined by hyper inflation caused by hackers. People are setting bounties of a billion dollars quite frequently. You see crazy car chases for low level bounties and have just been involved in one for a billion.

Consequently because of these actions there's a 2 tier system of players right now. Those who have been lucky enough to bag a share of a mega bounty and those of us who have been doing the daily trudge so we can earn enough for some of the big weapons.

My main reason for buying a tank was for those occasions when I was just minding my own business, stealing cars, robbing stores, murdering hookers and I would end up face to face with someone's tank.

It's always brown trouser time and would spend the next few minutes trying to out run him. The spawn system always puts you about a block away from where you were last killed and is usually still within range of the big gun.

Now I have my own tank I can turn the tables on them and gain some equality!

Anyway back to the economy problem. As there are now so many hyper rich people on gta the number of tanks on the streets has increased dramatically. It is a literal war zone and for the casual gamer looking to mod cars and do a bit of petty crime it is not a pretty world to be in. Rockstar have well and truly cocked up here and I can expect some rather severe changes coming soon to how the online gameplay is run.

Last edited:
Just an update on the latest news.

Everything has been patched and nearly all illegal funds have been removed, things are getting back to their normal crazy style of play.

On a separate note, I'm in the process of moving my stuff in with the lady and have just hooked up my PS3 to her 3D TV, what a difference it makes playing games in that extra dimension, even with the 3D mode turned off the game seems to have so much more depth.

GTA V is coming to next gen, I ended up selling most of my old PS3 games after the drive started malfunctioning and I moved onto PS4 but I wasn't too fussed about repurchasing GTA again on the newer machine, that was until I saw this video.

This looks pretty fantastic, not just the new improved graphics & increased action but it's literally a whole new dimension added to the gameplay making a complete play through again a totally new experience.

I went the stealth route on the big final job. Piece of piss even though they don't let you use your mini gun. Wish I had done it the other way.

I've completed the main story again, this time I was going alternative options for the heists than my original choices and it was definitely more fun going the obvious choice, still very easy but I think that it's as I've been conditioned to playing against human reaction times online instead of scripted waves in single player mode.

Still the longest credits ever in a game, I actually watched the second part of the top gear episode and flicked back to see it still going on.

I actually have this now - it came bundled with a PS4 and some other games.

Played it for a bit but can't seem to find any collectibles.
Are there any?

There are lots of things to collect, as well as the standard stunt jumps to complete there are a lot of side missions where you unlock things to pick up. All sub plot related so you have to do the relevant starting mission to trigger the collect-a-thon, won't give any details away but there's a huge secondary puzzle to complete once you have the game at 100%

I couldn't be arsed getting all the collectables. Started doing it and got bored, seemed like work.
Some are impossible to find without watching a youtube guide.

Last edited:
Random GTA V comedy moments
  1. Jumping off a ramp and as the car is flying through the air upside down, hearing a pedestrian shout "What the flying ****!"

So many little add ons, there is so much dialogue that is easily missed. You can see where the money has been spent.

I'm fully immersed in the online side of the game now, joined a very active crew and having a lot of fun in the content creator where you can make your own challenges and races.

I've got a lot of video footage of some of the crazy content I've created, instead of posting all the vids here, i'll just add a link to the playlist. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm0dPnPjXIvga3DY1xRUpMj4gL5FwQ2MD

Single player is just that, playing by yourself. GTA is far better as a multi-player experience in terms of longevity. If you're willing to try the online side of things I can point you in the direction of a good bunch of people to play with.

I've never had a problem with the single player campaign in GTA before.

This one just had way too many cut scenes at the expense of the main story.

I was just getting into it and it was all over.

The whole story and missions just seemed very unconvincing (although I take the point that it's all a game and not real).

Borderlands 2 for example was much longer and the missions were a lot harder and more involved.

Just started CoD AW.
Totally unexpected - it's like Halo! :o

There seems to be a potential for a lot more, the online side is going to take on a whole new level very soon with the heists.

I've just got the PS4 version to 100%. I never bothered on PS3.

bG7Gt5oi6k6HqdENfm3vTA_0_0.jpg

Anyone heard much about the so-called Mount Chiliad Mystery? It's either a massive hoax or the greatest game easter egg hunt of all time. Knowing Rockstar either option is very likely.

Could that be related to one of the side quests - the one you get from that weird guy in the desert which involves finding bits of it?

Back
Top Bottom