Formula 2 GP2 Championship 2015

I think the overall conclusion seems to be thats just the sort of driver Colletti is. When he's hot he's hot but when he's not then he's very very not!

Having caught up I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the GP2 at Silverstone this weekend. We knew Vandorne would get caught in the pack at somepoint but someone really lit a fire under Rossi and Sirotkin. A word for Jordan King too who drove like a champ in both races and came away with nothing.

Oh and a huge thank you to the genius who decided to run Oli Rowland as a wild card driver for this weekend. Rowland has been awesome all year in WSR and was great to see him stick it to the GP2 lot. His moves on Vandorne and Sirotkin (his team mate last year) were sublime. Can we have him in it every week?

Sean Gelael continues to bankroll Carlin's entire racing budget by becoming their driver for the rest of the GP2 season

Gelael to make GP2 debut with Carlin

Gelael looks way out of his depth in WSR 3.5 so I imagine he'll be way out of his depth in GP2 as well. Expect plenty of incidents with Sergio Canamasas.

Last edited:
anyone see the huge crash for daniel de jong on saturday in the GP2 feature race, which the last id heard he was ok, well as well as you can be after 4 hours of surgery on his 6th vertebra. & in my mind gasly shouldnt have got penalised for that because it shouldve been classed as a racing accident because gasly shouldnt have squeezed him but then de jong should have yielded because he overtake attempt around outside of blanchmont would have been unlikely at best

Yeah Gasly was at fault and to be honest he's come out and said he was. Stewards chose not to penalise him though. His mind wasn't on the job in race 2 either and he described the whole weekend as being "pretty awful" so I think he's aware of the consequences of his actions. Lets hope De Jong recovers quickly. I doubt we'll see him at Monza though.

Have they given Vandoorne the GP2 title yet? Surely he must be close to claiming it.

105-point-gap - 192 points on offer.

The title can be decided in Monza but that needs a bad weekend from Rossi and obviously a good weekend from Vandoorne. Much more likely that title is decided in Sochi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom