Future changes

ExtremeNinja

Karting amateur
Contributor
Brogan. Is there a "Roadmap" plugin? Something where you can post a list of definite upgrades or features you have identified as suitable and put them out for vote with an interest rating mechanism. You could run this alongside a list of definite planned updates and upgrades.

Not really chap.
I do sometimes sound out about certain things I feel may be of interest but I don't have a list with anything on it currently.

Other than what is planned for the core software (which I can't make public), this is the list of available add-ons: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

I'm always open to adding features which people may be interested in, as long as the quality of the code is up to scratch.

Oh, one thing I am very excited about is a new gallery add-on which I am currently beta testing.
It has public gallery and private user album functionality.
Again, I have no idea if it will be used but I'll give it a shot at least if there is enough interest.

This is potentially another feature we could add to allow members to customise their own profile page.

profile-banner.png

Unfortunately it would be limited to images which have been uploaded to the server and in the correct size ratio (776px x 115px) as there is no way of dynamically inserting your own image from a URL or your PC.
So not terribly useful but we could for example do team based banners and a selection of others.

I think that is great. Much more valuable than the video purely because of the visual impact. It makes profile pages more of a destination, which I think is what you may be trying to achieve. +1 from me, Brogan.

[Edit]Ah. So no custom personal images. Only catalogue images?

Would an option to have your news feed as the start page be possible? Or would that just be a simple case of settling up your own bookmarks.

[Edit]Ah. So no custom personal images. Only catalogue images?
Yes, unfortunately only pre-selected images from a smallish selection.

Would an option to have your news feed as the start page be possible?
It would need a custom add-on for that and as far as I am aware, one doesn't currently exist.

Or would that just be a simple case of settling up your own bookmarks.
Do you mean browser bookmarks?

Possibly. I'll need to check when I got home. News feed would work better if we used it like Facebook or twitter.

It would be possible with an add-on.
All it would require is to be able to upload any image, as you do with an avatar.

I can speak to a developer to see if they would be interested in doing it for a price.

All possible but it would be all manual so it's something I don't have time for unfortunately.

Even if there was an add-on available there would still be work required to source and format the images, attach them to threads, etc.

Here's another for you. You have probably already considered this but if you reduced your logo you could get a leaderboard in your header. I've also added "Login or Sign up" title in the login box in line with other boxes down the page. Just a suggestion.

Home---Clip-The-Apex.jpg

I won't be installing any third party add-ons for that so it will just be a case of waiting for the core to be updated.

Back
Top Bottom