Current FOTA falling apart....again?

Christian, last week in the press conference, the team principals that were present confirmed that ten of the twelve had signed a copy of the letter to the FIA regarding cost-cutting and policing of the Resource Restriction Agreement (RRA). I believe that your team and your sister team didn’t sign; is there a particular reason for that?
CH: Yeah. We didn’t see the letter. Simple. I can’t sign something I didn’t see. (more content)

Did you not try and get yourself a copy of the letter?
CH: If I don’t agree with the content of the letter then why do I need a copy? Thank you.

If he hasn't seen it how does he know what is in it? if he does not know what was in it how does he know whether or not he agrees with it. When Max first brought up the idea of budget caps I said that it would lead to creative accounting. It sound to me as though this is what Horner is doing and does not want to risk being reined in.

The reality is that it is impossible to police. And what do you consider to be the cost of a service provided at no cost other than simply putting a sticker on the car?

The reality is that it is impossible to police. And what do you consider to be the cost of a service provided at no cost other than simply putting a sticker on the car?
Agreed.Regarding Red Bull and the RRA there are no less than three versions of the document in existence.Red Bull have submitted their accounts to FOTA for audit in accordance with the version they believe is the correct document.
The auditors did not find any discrepancies in their accounts.

My view is pretty simplistic on this issue. It doesn't matter how they add everything up as long as everyone knows and adds it up the same. It's not for the teams to decide how everything should be added up, its for the sports regulator, the fia. It's the teams job to do what they can within the rules, whatever those rules are.

The reason Ferrari left FOTA was because they think, or really should I say they know that Red Bull over-spent during 2010 (could be 2011 too). You always think of Ferrari as a team who wants to spend endless amounts of money but they seem to really be interested in sorting out a concrete RRA agreement. I have to say that all these rumours of Red Bull overspending, which is not much better than cheating, well it just puts a bit of a downer on their recent achievements, even though they obviously fully deserve them. I have not really believed much of it but now I see Horner and RB acting like this - im now changing my mind.

Very amusing. Christian Horner clearly getting wound up and he completely contradicts himself. In his first answer he says he didn't sign the letter because he didn't see it, implying they were not given a chance to see it. Then in the last answer he actually admits he hasn't seen it because he isn't interested in looking at it!

Well that's Bernie's heir apparent right there.
Has two faces and you can't believe anything either of them says.
"Congratulations Mr Horner, you've got the job" !

Maybe FOTA realize that no matter what they do or what they want it will always be overruled by a short, silver haired fella with a basin cut.

And as for the teams not being able to run F1, of course they couldn't I can't think of a single sport where the teams determine how the sport is run it just wouldn't work...

Last edited:
Red Bull felt they were unfairly targeted for overspending despite insisting they spent within the agreement

they left FOTA because it meant they did not have to comply with any voluntary agreement

the fall out in FOTA gave Bernie a perfect chance to drive the wedge between them and obviously play the old politics and get Red Bull to side with him

Horner being Bernie's replacement would be absolutely disaster for F1

- If he was in charge I don;t think the teams would be scared of him

at the end of the fOTA previously FOCA usually serves the interest of the big teams in the end

Red Bull are believed to be the biggest spenders on the grid and obviously they were not going to reduce their spending

I re-iterate I do not believe in spending caps in sport, Football has no caps they can spend silly amounts of money on a single player, with the risk that, that player could get a career ending injury in the first game, sport does not drive the world ecomany

I suspect no-ex-one in FOTA can be arsed with a now defunct website. They all know it's done and dusted and they've got bigger problems on their hands trying to make their new beasties reliable.:D

Not sure "alive" is the right term. Lifted from the Pacific GP site:
"This web site was created by MK Systems, Inc.
If you have any comments or questions about this site you can contact: info@grandprix.com
© Copyright 1995, Pacific Grand Prix Ltd., All Rights Reserved.
Last Modified: 1 October 1995"

Note: my underline

Not sure FOTA's is interesting enough to enough peeps though. It'll sit there until someone can be arsed to take it off which is possibly for internet eternity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom