Technical Formula One Steering Wheels

Is that circuit map on that Force India wheel? I thought they were usually on the inside of the monocoque, anyway if it is I can't tell what ciruit it is?

it looks nothing like a Turkey

this is a Turkey

turkey.jpg

sorry.

I'm very confident it's Melbourne, actually. Are we all looking at the same picture???

I think it is too, doesn't look similar to any of the other tracks.

Also, the circuit map just looks like a sticker planted on the steering wheel, if that's the case what is the point in it? The driver and the teams certainly know the turns and the track.

Also, the circuit map just looks like a sticker planted on the steering wheel, if that's the case what is the point in it? The driver and the teams certainly know the turns and the track.

:oops: I've heard it said it's for the radio, so if the car is understeering or whatever at a particular corner they can report the turn number accurately to the team and avoid confusion.

Sorry to keep it off topic but,

:oops: I've heard it said it's for the radio, so if the car is understeering or whatever at a particular corner they can report the turn number accurately to the team and avoid confusion.

Surely it's better off having I don't know how to explain this let's say an animation of some sort like a driver tracker on the steering wheel rather than a circuit sticker map, that way the driver knows what turn he is at and where he's exiting plus he will know if driers are up ahead. Quite frankly I find both pointless as surely the teams will have a driver tracker and a circuit map themselves in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom