First Entered 2008
Races Entered 55
Race Wins 0
Pole Positions 1
Fastest Laps 1
Driver World Championships 0
Constructor World Championships 0

Team History

In 1991 Eddie Jordan made the leap from the lower formulae to F1 with the Jordan Grand Prix Team. Jordan Grand Prix raced with varying degrees of success until 2005, taking part in 250 Grand Prix, winning 4.

In 2006 Jordan was sold to Canadian businessman Alex Shnaider and was rebadged as Midland F1 – entered as the first Russian Grand Prix team. Midland had little success and by the end of 2006 the team was sold to Dutch car sports car makers Spyker and the entry changed to Spyker MF1. Spyker were as unsuccessful as Midland and at the end of 2007 the team was sold again, this time to Vijay Mallya, and Force India was born

Force India

For the 2008 season Force India used an updated version of the Spyker car, designated the VJM01, married to Ferrari engines. Adrian Sutil and Ginacarlo Fisichella were the drivers with Vitantonio Luizzi as the tester. The season wasn’t massively successful, Sutil missed out on potentially scoring points at Monaco when Kimi Raikkonen crashed into him, otherwise the highest placing they managed was 10th for Fisichella in Spain.

Mercedes Power

For 2009 Force India moved from Ferrari power to Mercedes engines. With the same drivers as 2008 the early part of the season showed that Force India VJM02 had made steps forward in performance. Sutil ran 6th in China, before aquaplaning off the circuit, and was as high as 2nd in Germany before another coming together with Raikkonen as he exited the pits. The Belgian Grand Prix at Spa proved to be the high point of Force India’s season. Fisichella, to the amazement of many on the grid, put his car on pole and brought the car home 2nd only to leave the team to substitute for Felipe Massa at Ferrari for the remainder of the season. Sutil followed up Fisichella’s points scoring exploits with a 4th in Italy now partnered by test driver Luizzi.

For 2010 Mercedes engines were retained, as was the driver line up the team ended 2009 with. The VJM03 was another step forward for the 2009 model and Force India scored points regularly in the mid-field. Sutil managed the teams highest race finish with a 5th in Malaysia and the team ended the season 7th in the Constructors Championship

Test driver Paul di Resta replaces Luizzi for 2011 in the VJM04 chassis. With continuing support from Mercedes High Performance Engines and McLaren Applied Technologies Force India are looking to head the mid-field in 2011.

FORCE INDIA RULE!

Love Force India really think the team are a cool team, they give drivers a chance, look at Sutil he been with the team for a good few season and is still their. Really hope VJ and his team can be in F1 for many years to come and now Di Resta's with the team i can really see them getting better.

Force India are 15 points off the amount that had this time last year and need to score more than they've already scored in the remaining races to equal last season total. This looks like it'll be the first time in the teams history that they will have done worse than the season before.

This time last season Sutil had 35 points and Liuzzi 12 - Sutil is on 24 and Di Resta is on 8 so I guess Di Resta is just about proving better than Liuzzi did against Sutil but only just.

Sorry to double post but found these 2 snippets from the Force India drivers interesting - taken from BBC gossip page:

Di Resta says:

Paul di Resta believes a decision on his future with Force India will not be made until later this year. "There is no movement yet," said the Scot. "There are obviously talks, which will be ongoing, but nothing has been generated, no decision has been made." (Press Association)

Sutil says:

Adrian Sutil says it would be "great" if he could stay at Force India next season.

full article and interview here: http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2011/9/12491.html

Sutil making far more positive noises about staying at Force India than last season where you got the feeling he'd only stay if nothing better turned up - I guess thats what having a highly rated test driver does to you. Di Resta not so much of the Force India positive but I guess thats negociation. You'd think Sutil has to be safe with his recent performances but sometimes its money doing the talking.

You have to guess that both of them(3 if you include Hulkenberg) must be praying for either a Schumi retirement or Rosberg/Button contract talks to break down so they can push themselves forward for a seat further up the grid.

Force India got both cars in the top 10 shoot out for the first time this season. Go Paul and Adrian :) plus VJ must be very proud. Chance for at least one of them to score points tomorrow fingers-crossed.

Don't think VJ thinks Adrian should have one since he nearly came to a standstill to let Hamilton by!

LOL - what was the point in Adrian keeping Hamilton bottled up behind him when Hamilton was clearly on better tyres and was much faster. I think Adrian did the right thing by letting Hamilton through, as did Rosberg and Di Resta too.

It wasn't so much that hammy!

It was more like this...

Adrian: "After you"
Hamilton: "no after you *kiss*"
Adrian: "no mi'lady I insist!"

:snigger:

Would like to see Hulkenberg in the car though, seems to be his talent is going to be wasted :(

Agree with you on Hulkenberg, but i think Sutil has done enough to earn himself at least another season in F1 and it would be a mighty massive shock if Di Resta was given the boot considering what a brilliant debut season he's having. Unless Sutil joins another team next season i can't see Hulkenberg getting a seat at FI next season. But would certainly like to see him back in F1, someone of his talent shouldn't be sitting on the sidelines getting splinters in his bum he should be racing!

Yeah I thought the 'you're my mate so I'll let you through' stuff from Sutil was a bit wimpy on his part. Theres being passed by a quicker car and putting up a bit of a fight and theres rolling over and asking for a belly pat. Sutil's was the latter whislt Di Resta showed him how it should be done - don't take away from your lap time but make them go the long way round.

Got to say if you're the boss at Merc watching your 'junior' team wondering who to bring in just in case Schumi retires or Rosberg leaves then that would have been a big tick in the yes box for Di Resta

Fighting against a driver in a car which is over a second a lap faster than yours before the advantage of DRS is not an appealing thought. If you are going to be overtaken anyway there is a point in getting it over and done with quickly so that you lose the minimum amount of time. Sad, but there you are.

Just think of how boring the last laps at San Marino in 2005 would have been if Schumacher had been able to use DRS.

Back
Top Bottom