First Entered 2008
Races Entered 55
Race Wins 0
Pole Positions 1
Fastest Laps 1
Driver World Championships 0
Constructor World Championships 0

Team History

In 1991 Eddie Jordan made the leap from the lower formulae to F1 with the Jordan Grand Prix Team. Jordan Grand Prix raced with varying degrees of success until 2005, taking part in 250 Grand Prix, winning 4.

In 2006 Jordan was sold to Canadian businessman Alex Shnaider and was rebadged as Midland F1 – entered as the first Russian Grand Prix team. Midland had little success and by the end of 2006 the team was sold to Dutch car sports car makers Spyker and the entry changed to Spyker MF1. Spyker were as unsuccessful as Midland and at the end of 2007 the team was sold again, this time to Vijay Mallya, and Force India was born

Force India

For the 2008 season Force India used an updated version of the Spyker car, designated the VJM01, married to Ferrari engines. Adrian Sutil and Ginacarlo Fisichella were the drivers with Vitantonio Luizzi as the tester. The season wasn’t massively successful, Sutil missed out on potentially scoring points at Monaco when Kimi Raikkonen crashed into him, otherwise the highest placing they managed was 10th for Fisichella in Spain.

Mercedes Power

For 2009 Force India moved from Ferrari power to Mercedes engines. With the same drivers as 2008 the early part of the season showed that Force India VJM02 had made steps forward in performance. Sutil ran 6th in China, before aquaplaning off the circuit, and was as high as 2nd in Germany before another coming together with Raikkonen as he exited the pits. The Belgian Grand Prix at Spa proved to be the high point of Force India’s season. Fisichella, to the amazement of many on the grid, put his car on pole and brought the car home 2nd only to leave the team to substitute for Felipe Massa at Ferrari for the remainder of the season. Sutil followed up Fisichella’s points scoring exploits with a 4th in Italy now partnered by test driver Luizzi.

For 2010 Mercedes engines were retained, as was the driver line up the team ended 2009 with. The VJM03 was another step forward for the 2009 model and Force India scored points regularly in the mid-field. Sutil managed the teams highest race finish with a 5th in Malaysia and the team ended the season 7th in the Constructors Championship

Test driver Paul di Resta replaces Luizzi for 2011 in the VJM04 chassis. With continuing support from Mercedes High Performance Engines and McLaren Applied Technologies Force India are looking to head the mid-field in 2011.

It was nice to see DR VJ in the pit yesterday. Maybe he was there to announce a removal of cash from the team.

Appartantly despite all the rumours their is appartantly no credible offer on the table.

On latifi for me its year too late for him because a few years ago he was driving well finished 5th in the championship 9 podiums 12 top 5's. This year has been big drop off qualifying near the back near every race & bar baku racing around in 8th - 12th

Latifi is getting whooped by his teammate Albon who put been on pole in the same car in F2 and amongst the contenders early in the season

Thank goodness he is not another driver in F1 based on money from his Dad

Seeing clips of the F2 sprint race and noticed that Maximillian Gunther is wearing overalls of Force India livery type, what is his connection with the team ?

ive not actually sure about that one with Gunther, but according to research looks like he is backed by force india.

interesting rumours from commentary during the race that made me wonder if Force indias problems are worse than we all thought because they were saying that along with Perez > Haas rumours. Renault are looking for a French driver & eyeing up Ocon

Apart from being German I don;t see anything that connects him to the Force India team that would suggest he is above Ocon or Russell in the pecking order
Certainly not aware that Mercedes have backed him

Anyone shed some light, just glad Latifi will not get his shot at F1 because of his Dad's money

Force India have a number of their own drivers in a development programme including Russian driver Nikita Mazepan who I rate very highly. He's currently pushing for the GP3 title though so might be a bit early.

Force India have a number of their own drivers in a development programme including Russian driver Nikita Mazepan who I rate very highly. He's currently pushing for the GP3 title though so might be a bit early.

dont watch GP3 so i cant say but if your good enough it isn't early enough. because Bottas came from GP3 & Verstappen came from GP3 alternative

It just happens Gunther's driving for a team with same backers as Force India and in the same livery so it was a bit confusing when I saw him celebrating in one

Rumours are now Lance Stroll is linked with the Force India seat ...well its him or Latifi who is going to get another test run

Ocon apparently linked with a seat at Renault but that would push surely Hulkenberg out of the seat unless Renault stick two fingers up to Red Bull and dump Sainz

At the moment if you want to talk about the next generation of F1 drivers only Verstappen has got himself in a race winning car and Le Clerc will follow soon ina Ferrari. Ocon who has crossed paths with Verstappen and beaten him is getting left behind because Hamilton 's status at Merc and it appears Bottas has done enough to keep his seat

the gap is so big between the front 3 and the rest we don't know just how much potential Sainz, Ocon, Magnussen could reach if they had the car underneath

Sadly Vandoorne's career is hanging by a thread

:o Well you get rid of one dickhead in VJ Mallya and the team has got another one

I don;t suppose we will see the car backed by Tommy Hilfiger then

Lawrence has advocated for a Mercedes B team so it looks like he might be able to push that at Force India and and George Russell will be the other driver.

Back
Top Bottom