Force India

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Today was a disaster for the team
Perez took Ocon out - how did not know it was him - the only other pink car and pink helmet driver on the grid

Then he decided to batter Sirotkin out of the way so Force India ended up with nil points. Now they have employed they can't race each other strategy again... I am not sure if I was Ocon I'd want to comply given he is looking for a drive.

Today probably shows why Perez is not wanted by the big teams as well ..if he did not have money he might not be in F1

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
With these guys its not as obvious as Sauber which is same owners, new name, given that its new owners, new name should we create a new thread for Racing (No) Point??

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
Well they have a new companies house number. The first time that has changed since Jordan so.....maybe new thread I reckon.

Having said that if we go that rule the Honda, Brawn and Merc thread should be merged into each.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Yeah, as confusing as it is, I think it's farewell Force India. Hello Racing Point(less)

Angel

Pole Sitter
Contributor
Not trying to be difficult, I thought Racing Point was only a temporary name and they were going to announce a different one when they launch the 2019 car. I read that somewhere, I can't recall where though.

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
From what I remember they were Racing Point Force India last year just to get round the wrangle of not being a new team and then the Force India was going to get dropped for 2019.

The name actually really shows the teams intentions. You only have to look at the Merc emblem to see what they are going on about

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I presume they had to change the company registration to avoid being pulled in to any litigation which will follow Vijay Mallay around.

Angel

Pole Sitter
Contributor
So they're not going to be Racing Point (as we said), the new name they're going with is completely different it's 'Racing Point F1'.

Wow, who would have believed it? :rolleyes:

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Angel - being fair, they were investigating other names - apparently they approached Lola over the possibility of rebranding themselves/licensing themselves as the Lola team... To me, that would have been a non-starter... Of course, given that Sauber have rebranded as Alfa Romeo, RPFI could have rebranded as Sauber! ;)

Top Bottom