FIA FIA Tests Jet Canopies for F1

A force field would be the best solution, to bad it doesn't exists in real life
You could probably generate one, but I don't think anyone would go for the nuclear power unit you would need to run it, it might add a bit too much weight to the cars..

Problem would be getting in of the cockpit or getting out quickly when there is a fire.
I imagine that that detachable deck thing that fits over their shoulders in the current design would cause enough problems in an overturned car situation. Has anyone had to get out of an inverted F1 car of the current spec yet?

You can get out without removing it, you just have to squeeze a bit. And I believe it's fairly easy to remove. I can't remember anyone having to get out when the car is upside down (the only person I can think of right now is Albers, but I'm not sure if they had the thing back then?), but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't cause too much problems...

The head support thing can be released with a couple of pins so either the driver or the emergency grew can get it off PDQ.

I see it is sort of eluded to in the discussion, ...... Scenario: Car is on fire and you need to get out....are they going to add ejection like systems for the canopy and/or seat?.....

You can get out without removing it, you just have to squeeze a bit. And I believe it's fairly easy to remove. I can't remember anyone having to get out when the car is upside down (the only person I can think of right now is Albers, but I'm not sure if they had the thing back then?), but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't cause too much problems...

The rules differed slighly over headrests, but didn't De La Rosa get out when the car was upside down in moza 2000.

Was Kubica upside-down after his big Canada crash?

He rolled but the car ended up on its side resting alongside the barrier.

Perhaps something like this...

Patsy_Burt_McLaren-Oldsmobile_Elvington_1968.jpg

Back
Top Bottom