F4 Accident Billy Monger

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
A 17 year old lad Billy Monger has had his legs amputated after a horrific F4 crash last weekend that was live on ITV4.

His crowd funding page is now at half a million. Including £15000 donated by Jenson Button. Other donations by
Max Verstappen, Max Chilton, Karl Wendlinger, Andre Lotterer, Jason Plato and AJ Allmendinger.

Formula 4: Jenson Button pledges £15,000 to support British driver Billy Monger

Help raise £260000 to Help Billy Monger beat life changing injuries, after being involved in one of the most horrific crashes Motorsport has seen

After watching the crash all I can say is I hope the idiot crawling along on the racing line has the book thrown at him. He has caused a life changing accident. Nothing Billy Monger could of done to avoid him.

Last edited:
That was truly horrific, and no chance of avoiding it. Were there any yellow flags? This is the only footage I've seen, but I had read that Pasma had spun on the grass and ended up stationary on the track. If that's the case, then there wasn't a whole lot he could do about being where he was.

Just read the report in Autosport, they believe the car in front had just span before the collision. In which case it looks like it was a tragic accident.

Horrendous. 1 of the worst injuries i have ever seen it made me jump watching it on tv. Apparently that car had a problem & was stranded problem with close racing you dont have time to react. I knew it was bad at the time but i thought it was Johnny Herbert bad not Alex Zanardi Bad. But Alex Zanardi should be great motivation to him because what he has managed to accomplish, i would even see if billy could try his hand at hand cycling in tokyo 2020 & (likely) Los Angeles 2024

What guy Jenson Button, just as you think you can like a guy anymore & he gives £15,000 to billy. Without wanting to make light of a horrendous injury, the wait it was reported made it bit movie like, with him waking up from his coma to get an almighty shock to find half his legs gone

Barely out of his coma and he's already been looking into hand-operated clutch-and-brake device technologies... according to team boss Steven Hunter he's just awaken and barely breathing unaided and the first thing on his mind is to race again in future.

Last edited:
billy.jpg

Last edited:
what a man, what a inspiration, considering how horrible hand he's was dealt. considering that their was no chance of avoiding that crash car appeared out of "nowhere" on him so quickly & hopefully someone will get him sponsorship & on that F3 grid

Back
Top Bottom