Formula 2 F2 2020

Massive accident in the Sprint race - Turn 3 is just insanely fast when 2 cars are trying to overtake - what was most worrying is that Ghiotto's car ended up spearing through the Tec-pro barrier, and ended up facing backwards, and on fire!

I will be amazed if they can re-start this race, as so much damage has been done to the barriers.

If that happened in F1, given the higher speeds, I can't imagine what would happen...

Last edited:
Massive accident in the Sprint race - Turn 3 is just insanely fast when 2 cars are trying to overtake - what was most worrying is that Ghiotto's car ended up spearing through the Tec-pro barrier, and ended up facing backwards, and on fire!

I will be amazed if they can re-start this race, as so much damage has been done to the barriers.

If that happened in F1, given the higher speeds, I can't imagine what would happen...
This is going to be a little ridiculous... Aitken and Ghiotto are going to be classified (half points) in the F2 race due to count-back, even though their accident was what caused the red-flag!

i think this is a potentially great idea. because we are likely to have racing on a friday with 3 races a day. & with the calendar the drivers will give people in series maybe more viewers & "time to shine" because with so many races in a weekend. most can get lost

after 2 month gap, its the season finale as the title will be decided at Bahrain, with 2 weekends back to back. & its shaping up to be brilliant, because going into this weekend we have mathematically a 8 horse race, but realistically its 6 horse race, Schumacher 191, Ilott 169, Tsunoda 147, Lundgaard 145, Shwartzmann 140, Mazepin 140.

now technically Schumacher could win the championship this weekend if he outscores Ilott by 28pts (ie winning both races with pole, Ilott finishes 5th twice) Tsunoda by 4pts & Lundgaard by 2pts. but thats disregard how that you couldnt end this championship on 2 tougher races, because this weekend is always 1 of the most unpredictable. because of the high tyre wear for many years now they have had 2 stops in the feature race & 1 stop in sprint race. which has led to some incredible action. in 2017 leclerc pitted & in 9 laps went from 14th to the lead. 2018 Markelov was on the podium from the pit lane & last year the top 4 in sprint race started 7th 6th 8th 10th. & you just cant control the race you need pace, luck, kind on the tyres & to stay out danger in alot of overtaking that will be needed. ~

& then you go on to the outer circuit which will be like monza with alot of slipstreaming & bunch of unknowns

TV times
9am Feature Race - 28th November
9.50am Sprint Race - 29th November

down to 18pts now, if it ends how its finishes which it wont as Bahrain is usually the most stressful dry races of tbe season. Schumacher would go from 22pt lead to 6 pt deficit

absolutely massive qualifying ilott in 9th & schumacher in 18th, schumacher could still win it before the sprint race, if he scores 3pts more than ilott but that looking unlikely. i can see this going down the wire. because schumacher needs to finish in the top 8. anything else could hand the advantage to ilott in finale

Mick Schumacher barring extremely bad luck will be crowned F2 champion. because he has a 14 pt lead. with Schumacher starting 3rd & ilott 4th. these are permutations

Ilott - 1st & Fastest Lap - Schumacher 6th
Ilott - 1st - Schumacher 8th
Ilott - 2nd & below - Schumacher champion

Channel 4 had Binotto on talking about when Schumacher will drive for Ferrari? Binotto said thst Schumacher needs to learn and develop so there is no pressure but losing to Mazepin would not look good right?

Binotto had to also quote that a Ferrari academy driver will win F2. It is a tall order for Illott though.

It does not hide the fact Schumacher was their preferred choice given Binotto's quotes earlier this year it seems to coincide with Illott's bad run .

The decision to loan Simone Resta to Haas is clearly to help sort out the car and find out how good Schumscher is

Schumacher is a tough 1. because i still have questions if he's elite because you look at Leclerc Russell even Shwartzmann won F3 & hit the ground running in F2 with 2 titles & a 4th. Schumacher came 13th. you wonder how much of this title was experience & how much was pace

F1Brits_90 - Bruno Senna was different, he had won a grand total of zero championships before getting into F1.

Mick Schumacher has won:
  1. F3 European Championship
  2. Formula 2
Having won Formula 2, he unambiguously deserves an F1 drive

F1Brits_90 - Bruno Senna was different, he had won a grand total of zero championships before getting into F1.

Mick Schumacher has won:
  1. F3 European Championship
  2. Formula 2
Having won Formula 2, he unambiguously deserves an F1 drive
he fully deserves that seat, ive said over the years that the champions of feeder series should be guaranteed a seat. F3 > F2 & then F2 > F1. but we are looking at can they be world champions. im just not sure if he at the level of russell & leclerc

Back
Top Bottom