F1 YOU BET 2016 - The Game

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
The bookies is now open

The rules are the same as last year with a minor tweak or two.
If you like a bet with Fake Money you're in the right place.

The rules.
1. If you want to play you can do so at any point in the year. When you place your first bet you will receive £10 fake quids for every remaining race. (no actual monetary value) Just post your bet and you're in the game. 21 races in total so if you place a bet before the first race you get £210 fake quid / e-brogans / CTA pounds etc. to play with.
2. Maximum 1 bet per round. (Or I would have to rewrite the spread sheet.)
3. You are betting on the winner. Each way bets can be placed. Each way bets works like this; a £10 each way bet would cost you a total of £20 stake money, this breaks down as £10 placed on the winner at full odds and £10 on your driver placing 1st-3rd at 1/3rd odds. (if you work it out it makes little sense to place an ew bet on odds less than 3/1) All winning bets are calculated by spreadsheet formula based on this wiki page.
4. I will post the odds for the next race taken from a randomly chosen betting shop as soon as available.
5. To place a bet, post in this thread, stating your driver to win, your money and if you are betting 'each way'. Remember each way bets cost double.
6. You don't have to place a bet in every round, however sitting out the whole year with your stake money untouched is not in the spirit of the game. So if no bet is placed for 3 consecutive races, you will automatically place a £30 bet on Gutierrez (why not) in the 3rd race.
7. Once you're bust it's game over, no re-entries.
8. All bets must be in before midnight UK time, the day before 1st practice or they wont be counted. Watch out for Monaco, practice is on Thursday for some weird outdated reason that nobody can remember.
9. I will post everyone's balance only after the official race result is announced.
10. If your driver doesn't run in the race for some reason your money will be refunded.
11. The player with the most money at the end of the season is the champion and gets added to the wall of champions. Other 'special' awards will be given out at random for which ever reasons I see fit :)

Watch this space, I will post the odds for Melbourne as soon as I find some.

Good luck.

Wall of champions
2014 Fenderman
2015 Titch

Edit:
Some Each-Way betting examples.

Example 1: Odds over 3-1
A £10 each-way bet on a 10-1 selection in a race and paying 1⁄3 the odds for a place 1, 2, or 3 would cost £20.
  • Returns on the win part of the bet would be £10 × (10/1) + stake = £110
  • Returns on the place part of the bet would be £10 × ((10/1) × (1/3)) + stake = £43.33
  • Total returns would be £110 + £43.33 = £153.33 if the driver won the race, but just £43.33 if the driver only finished second or third.
Example 2: Odds of 3-1
A £10 each-way bet on a 3-1 selection in a race and paying 1⁄3 the odds for a place 1, 2, or 3 would cost £20.
  • Returns on the win part of the bet would be £10 × (3/1) + stake = £40
  • Returns on the place part of the bet would be £10 × ((3/1) × (1/3)) + stake = £20
  • Total returns would be £40 + £20 = £60 if the driver won the race, but just £20 if the driver only finished second or third, meaning you would break even.
Example 3: Odds of less the 3-1
A £10 each-way bet on a 2-1 selection in a race and paying 1⁄3 the odds for a place 1, 2, or 3 would cost £20.
  • Returns on the win part of the bet would be £10 × (2/1) + stake = £30
  • Returns on the place part of the bet would be £10 × ((2/1) × (1/3)) + stake = £16.66
  • Total returns would be £30 + £16.66 = £46.66 if the driver won the race, but just £16.66 if the driver only finished second or third, meaning you would be down £3.34 form your initial stake money.

Last edited:
We have some odds for Ozz. :cheer:

Roll up roll up place your bets.

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 13.05.19.png

Greenlantern101 at that price and with so little real info from the testing session, you just have to say 'it's going to be the fastest non works Mercedes' and hope that does the trick. It's worth it on those odds to pick up a 3rd at roughly 13/1.

Back
Top Bottom