F1 Weather 2013: The Game (can you beat Jos?)

Can you beat Jos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I'm not sure whether I'll remember to keep this going so I might as well roll the dice a little lot stupid amount:
AUS=D
MAL=D
CHI=D
TUR=D
ESP=D
MON=D
CAN=D
GBR=D
GER=D
HUN=D
BEL=D
ITA=D
SGP=D
JPN=D
KOR=D
IND=D
ABU=D
USA=D
BRA=D

I hear the weather is going to be bloody awful this year, particularly in Bahrain. Although, out of interest, would a sand storm count as a weather related safety car/delayed start for category D ;)?

Yes, a sandstorm would be the same as any other weather related disruption!

You might as well give me the trophy now then.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I will be bringing a watering can along with me to every race this season. A magical self-refilling watering can.

I reckon I need there to be about 5 wet races to have a reasonable score. Usually there's about three races affected by rain per year and most of those probably fall in to category C not D, so yeah... flawless strategy.

AUS=A
MAL= A
CHI=C
TUR=A
ESP=A
MON=A
CAN=A
GBR=C
GER=B
HUN=A
BEL=C
ITA=A
SGP=A
JPN=A
KOR=A
IND=A
ABU=A
USA=A
BRA=C

jez101

How does this work? Does the phoney weatherman have to post his before the season starts like us? Or does he have the advantage of posting it every Thursday before the race?

It sounded like a great idea at the time, I'm beginning to worry now :sbut let's press on and hope it doesn't turn into a monster.

As prompted by Slyboogy , here is a quick recap of how this all works.

There are two stages to the game. (Players can dip in and out, but if they do, their score will not be as high)

Stage 1 - Before the end of January 2013

Players submit their long range forecast of either A, B, C or D for each race.

Stage 2 - The week before each race

Players submit their predictions for the race weather. Again A, B, C or D.

Well done to all you eagle eyed spotters :rolleyes: who noticed that I have called Bahrain "TUR". If you want to change it in your spreadsheets...

How do you score points?
Each race will be declared A, B, C or D and the number of points awarded for each outcome is shown in the table above.

If you guess predict correctly with both your first and second guesses , your points are doubled. For example, you say it's going to be dry in Bahrain and you stick with that just before the race, you score 4 points.

If you twist and change your mind with your second guess and get it right the second time, you get the points for the correct answer. So, if you say now that it's going to be B, 'threatening', in Britain, but change your mind to A and it is dry, you score 2 points.

If you twist and change your mind with your second guess and get it right first time, but wrong the second time, you lose two points. For example, if you say now that it's going to be C, 'varied', in Belgium, but change your mind to A but it turns out to be varied after all, you lose 2 points.

If neither guess is right you score 0.

So if you say A now and A before the race and you are right, you score 4 points. If you say D now and D before the race and you are right, you are plain and simple lucky - so you get 16 points. If you say A now and D before the race and you are right, you can only score 8 points.

If you change your mind and get it right (say you thought a sandstorm would hit Bahrain :dunno:?) but near the race wanted to go back to A, you could get 2 points.

Clarification: If you haven't put in either a long range or pre-race forecast, you can only score half points (ie. 1 point for correct A).

The objective is to beat Jos the Boss which will be dead easy if he doesn't get his predictions in :D

If your first guess was right and your second guess wrong, you lose two points.

So far The Artist..... FB HammydiRestarules F1Yorkshire tooncheese RasputinLives Slyboogy mjo Greenlantern101 Josh reckon they can do better, while teabagyokel gethinceri sushifiesta have said they think Jos is a superior and deserved holder of the title "Official CTA Weatherman"

So, get your long range forecasts in soon. End of January!

Good stuff HammydiRestarules - any other entries people are planning need to be in by the end of the month (Thursday 31st Jan)!

Including yours Jos the Boss :D

We still have The Artist..... F1Yorkshire RasputinLives mjo who have claimed to be able to beat Jos, but have not made any predictions to back that up. I should warn you that there could be a statement including the words "mouth" and "trousers" thrown your way if you miss the deadline. :D

For this reason, I will also be exposing myself :o , um, no... I mean entering myself :shocked:, oh bother, not that either... how to put this... :s joining the fun :cheers: and putting forward my guesses in next week too. :embarrassed:

What a waste of your own time, His Majesty will not be defeated, he could cause the spontaneous appearance of Richie Ginther ball-gagged and gimp masked during the formation lap at the Hungaroring if he wanted, but now that you've read it he won't. Because he scorns your foolishness.
Dolts.

This one?

modelpicture.php

Here are my predictions

AUS=A
MAL=D
CHI=C
BAH=A
ESP=A
MON=A
CAN=B
GBR=A