F1 TV coverage

There seems something kind of sinister having Nico Rosberg being a pundit, from his cupboard at home in Monaco.
21A58547-31C3-4798-AE6D-39DB8C207622.jpeg

What was worse was that Brundle chose this one to sit on the bench which promoted Paul Drone-Resta to the first team.

Brundle's lost a lot of mojo over the last few years but I'd rather listen to Freddie Kruger wipe a blackboard with his knife glove for two hours than listen to another PDR commentary

Why was Jenson not available? He usually takes over when Martin is absent or does he cost too much, is Sky on a budget cap as well?

Why was Jenson not available? He usually takes over when Martin is absent or does he cost too much, is Sky on a budget cap as well?
I think they've started to rotate though their commentators. Because the number of races has gone up Brundle has started to pick and choose which races he attends so Sky are using one of the others each time.

I think they've started to rotate though their commentators. Because the number of races has gone up Brundle has started to pick and choose which races he attends so Sky are using one of the others each time.
it might be wrong but i think i heard something like all presenters are rotated & do 16-17 races a year because it is a very tough schedule on everyone & only getting tougher. we are just coming off 4 races in 5 weeks

Nico is unvaccinated & apparently not allowed in the paddock

That sounds about right.

They weren't that specific in the little bit I read the other day but what you've written makes more sense.

The problem is there's rather a shortage of knowledgeable and interesting F1 presenters, a sense of humour helps and de Resta is lacking in most if not all, Rosberg also fits in the de Resta category, there are humourous Germans but he isn't one.

Why do the tv presenters need to be at the circuit? I really don’t understand why the commentators can’t have a live-feed from the world feed, at home in the UK…

Exactly as it was through the 70's and 80's.

But then we'd be deprived of Brundle's trademark grid walk and no GP weekend would ever be the same again.

Oh, and how can we forget Ted's note book where he walks around after the race and pretends he's friends with everyone in the paddock.

This is the stuff that makes modern F1 a broadcasting event.

teds qualifying notebook was quality although ill admit not for f1 reasons. its more like watching a comedy sitcom with bits of F1 in there & you say pretend the 2 British & british/thai, Norris Russell & Albon. love him

The bit I most enjoy is when they put Rachel Brooks in the commentary booth on Friday. I wish they would let her do a race every now and again instead of a David Croft "performance".

If you ever want to know my Room 101 that would have me confessing to anything and everything, put me in a room with Adele, Ted Kravitz and Martin Lewis. Honest to God, after about 5 minutes of that I would run headfirst as fast as possible into a wall.

Sky just ran a piece called "At home with Christian Horner". I admit it, Sky's TV coverage has finally beaten me, it was so awful I couldn't even find the strength to turn the channel over.

on the 1 hand, its good to have continuity as it is best coverage we have had, but its a shame to not see some shared Free to air coverage. because you need it in this day. ive always thought how realistic i dont know that
Channel 4 - every race live 15 mins before & interviews, podium afterwards
Sky Sports - Testing, Practice, Qualifying, Race & all the feeder series

because catching those sporting neutrals, are vital in this Modern TV age. you only have to look at abu dhabi, UK got quintuple the average live audience over 8m viewers instead of 1.5m. it was 2nd most watched F1 race in the UK

Last edited:
I'd struggle to come up with a single good thing to say about ITV's coverage.

For the bulk of the 90's we watched the coverage on Eurosport.

Back
Top Bottom