F1 TV Coverage 2014

Personally, I'm having trouble keeping interested in it. I can't put my finger on what it is about it. Qualy' and the races are enjoyable enough but all the other stuff just seems to be padding. Maybe I've just got old and miserable ... LOL

Anyone growing weary of Sky or BBC coverage should be forced to watch the NBC Sports coverage for a few rounds.

For what it's worth, I've been watching/downloading BBC's coverage more often lately. Bit of a Lee McKenzie fan myself. :D

Looks like Sky may be needing a new female pit lane reporter for the end of this season and beyond looking at Pinkhams latest tweet.

Sky could do a lot worse than sign up Liz Halliday if Ms Pinkham is on her toes. He pit lane stuff at Le Mans for Eurosport was intelligent, relevant and knowledgeable. As a former driver she would (should) have the respect of the people she interviews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liz_Halliday

Last edited:
Watched 3 broadcasts of Hungary, and the BBC did a pretty terrible job covering the Rosberg / Hamilton radio transmissions.

Cut to Nico behind Lewis on Lap 51, shortly after they play "Why is he not letting me through?", followed by the pit wall telling Hamilton to let Rosberg through "on the straight this lap". Coulthard says it is a tough call by the team, and then it's on to Lap 55 for Ricciardo's pit stop. Rosberg pits on lap 57 and all the drama is lost.

I often criticize NBCsports for their extended ad breaks, but at least the race is shown in real time in its entirety.

Watching the F1 show welcoming us back from the summer break.

Why is there no chairs? Never seen so many people needing to sit down. Including a pregnant Nat and a 68 year old John Watson. CHAIRS.

They also did a great feature on Bloodhound SSC. 133,000 bhp. or 7 full F1 grids of power in 1 car.

What would you chat about afterwards? :D Apart from F1!

I did think she was using her charms to steer the boys during/after quali - a bit too much for me though - I would like her to be more professional and less girlie - sorry!

Are you sure it was Suzy with glasses on, or was it a bloke putting the "TV" in the f1-tv-coverage as titled on this thread..? :ermmm:

Having not watched the F1 today, I wouldn't know... :dunno:

Interesting that Sky has suspended all F1 coverage and replays while awaiting news for Bianchi's accident but BBC are showing the replay as normal. Disrespectful or trying to gain viewing figures.

Sky seem to have a very loose definition of 'Legend' first Eddiie Irvine now this. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 14.42.21.png

Maybe they should change 'legends' to 'drivers'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom