Pre-Season F1 2022

he wouldn't be the first to win a WDC without a win
Erm, Yes he would.

Keke Rosberg came the closest to doing it with 1 win in 1982 but other than that, every driver has won at least one race in their WDC year.

Sorry, thought John Surtees did in 64, but no, he won two but there was some controversy over his win due to others having to drop points under the rules

Took this from the F1 website. It looks like Mercedes have now gone to having the least amount of porpoising. Feel sorry for Ocon in the Alpine, as they seem to have the worst of it now.
A11E8596-2C6B-4EF5-A6CA-1AEE12E00954.jpeg

So it's reassuring for Mercedes to know it's no longer the porpoising that is the cause of their lack of performance, the car is simply not good enough.

So it's reassuring for Mercedes to know it's no longer the porpoising that is the cause of their lack of performance, the car is simply not good enough.
if I was ferrari I would be concern about how hamilton from last place closed down a 20 second gap & would've beaten sainz without a safety car but for cooling issues

Brogan was spot on with his earlier post though. A more competitive Mercedes means a more likely Red Bull double championship.

i have sort of back tracked from Greenlantern101 point on the baku thread. i think raise the ride height or get rid of the zeropods & change the sidepods to "their" version of a red bull or Ferrari spec. so there is less floor to flex. then if they are still having issues then the are in great position with the FIA to demand active suspension

If all teams were suffering the FIA should take responsibility. If not, which is the case here, if impacted teams within the regs can protect their drivers at the risk of performance then I’m a bit horrified (but not shocked) it takes an FIA directive to make them do the right thing.
The cost cap in years of new regs certainly needs addressing though as the only outcome now is:

2022 WDC:
1 Verstappen
2 Perez

2022 WCC: RB🤢R🤮

2022 WDC:
1 Verstappen
2 Perez

2022 WCC: RB🤢R🤮
true but thats more to do with ferrari self destruction like 2010 2017 2018 & 2019. but much soon that expected. as leclerc should won at least 3 of the last 4 maybe goid case for all 4 & having a 33 - 45 pt lead in the championship

They have porpoising as well though so if forced to adjust the ride height they could lose any performance advantage we’ve seen, assuming they sort out the mechanical issues.

Porpoising is as a result of piss poor design work. This effect isn't new as a number of teams during the side skirts era experienced it.

We've spent a decade of F1 design where everything is about how much flex can we get away with and ground effect aero requires the exact opposite. It needs consistency and stiffness in order to perform.

Unfortunately, Mercedes appear to have gone down a design path that is going to be extremely difficult to redesign within the course of a season.

Back
Top Bottom