F1 2009 season driver line-up

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
This is the confirmed driver line-up for the 2009 Formula One season.

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
Felipe Massa
Kimi Räikkönen

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
Lewis Hamilton
Heikki Kovalainen

BMW Sauber F1 Team
Robert Kubica
Nick Heidfeld

ING Renault F1 Team
Fernando Alonso
Nelson Piquet

AT&T Williams
Nico Rosberg
Kazuki Nakajima

Scuderia Toro Rosso
Sebastien Bourdais
Sebastian Buemi

Red Bull Racing
Mark Webber
Sebastian Vettel

Panasonic Toyota Racing
Jarno Trulli
Timo Glock

Force India F1 Team
Giancarlo Fisichella
Adrian Sutil

So the 2009 driver line-up is finally confirmed.

Sebastien Bourdais has been kept on for a 2nd season at Toro Rosso: Bourdais handed Toro Rosso drive

He will have to step up this year though. If he starts being overshadowed by a rookie then I fear that will be the end of his F1 career.

Well I had Honda in as TBC originally but surely now it's too late for them to make the grid in Melbourne?

It would be great if they could though, the races might seem a little "thin" this year with 1 more team gone...

Well, apparently Ross Brawn (F1 genius) and Nick Fry (couldn't run a chip shop) are looking for a buyer. I'd imagine Jenson Button will be looking for a pit pass, tbh, but someone might want him as a tester!

As for Seb B (as we'll have to stop calling him now - I think Bourdais is Seb B1...), I think he was a bit unlucky last year that he was paired with Seb V and at STR's big race (Monza) he stalled on the grid!

Only, therefore, the one débutant, Seb B2, meaning that the 2009 Rookie of the Year is... Sebastien Buemi!

I think Seb B1 is worth another go, I mean if Nelsinho, Harikari Nakajima and Kovalainen can keep their seats...!

Back
Top Bottom