Television Eurovision Drinking Game

We already do, we are major contributors. That's why we are always in the final without going through the heats. We have automatic entry. Can you imagine how much that rubs up the rest.
Answer.. Reduce our contribution, and join the rest in the heats.

I'm so glad Sweden won.
Maybe it's time that Britain, France, Germany stopped being exempted from the semi finals because of their special monetary status. I think a lot of countries resent the fact that no matter how crap the song we all get to the final.
:)

I couldn't give a monkey's fart if we weren't in the finals.

The only thing that made the program acceptable to watch was seeing Terry Wogan taking the piss out of it..

Last edited:
I quite enjoyed Graham Norton last night though he did keep talking over the song previews which was irritating. The 'Anne Hathaway' comment about one of the score-givers was quite good.

I shouldn't criticise because I take no part in it, but where did our selection process go so badly wrong? Was that really the best song of the bunch to put forward? Year after year we seem to end up with a total misfire of a song that just missed the whole mood completely. If we had a half-decent song I reckon we'd get at least some votes. Israel is not a popular country in the international community & media (and I disagree with that perception myself) but they got in the top 25% & even scored votes off Russia, so it's not totally down to politics and it was good to see some of the old stereotypes break down a bit.
I agree we shouldn't have the automatic bye to the finals. It may even force us to produce a better song.

But Austria - nul point, I quite liked that song! Sweden was a worthy winner though. I did like the stickman graphics too - pretty clever.

With the size of our armed forces we could invade the Isle of Wight if that would help.

I'm not sure that would help, we have just got the voting slips for the 1974 Eurovision ( I think I might vote for a song called Waterloo); anyway I have to finish this message as my arm is getting tired winding this generator :D

Back
Top Bottom