Football Euro 2020

shots 14 - 0 i believe it was in the 1st half, in a way it was impressive that after being on the end of most 1 sided at the euros for 17yrs, they managed to be even worse in the 2nd half.

pre tournament. i had Group A as
Italy
Swiss
Wales
Turkey

I dont see any reason to change :D

this is going to be a long game. everytime i hear the commentaor talk about swiss player Mbabu can't help but think of shooting stars

tenor.png

maybe the most distressing thing ive seen ive my many years in football. to see him completely fine. then running back from the penalty area & just staggering & fall over. out of the blue. then the world feed was disgraceful took far too long to go to the wide shot. they need to learn from F1. in how to act in these situations

i was shocked it restarted i assumed it would be a point each, but from what i heard the game was called off at 6.45 & then to even UEFA surprise it was the players that asked to finish the game & so it was restarted at 7.30

but extremely relieved to see him awake & feel alot better

they need to learn from F1.
When Roland Ratzenberger had his fatal accident at Imola in qualifying the day before Senna's death we were treated to an aerial shot of his lifeless body on a stretcher receiving CPR. John Watson, providing the commentary on Eurosport, pleaded on air for the director to cut the feed but obviously this was in the days of local TV stations being responsible for the world feed and Eurosport had no alternative to cut to.

the starting 11. wasnt as bad as id expected. id heard 5-3-2. but i didnt mind the 4-2-3-1. but i was bit annoyed that we got 2 great LBs in shaw & chilwell so why have we stuck a RB there. hardly breeds confidence. but i was fine with 2 Defensive Midfielders after all it was toughest test of the group straight away as England dont need telling of quality, no croatia side is to be underestimated. as we know how good they can be from world cup & nations league. but i might start get worried id Scotland & Czech have 2 defensive midfielders.

should be pressure off now for england progression wise. as that will see us into the last 16. just biggest game of the tournament now on friday. where i still worry the creative players will pick holes in our defence

Last edited:
weirdly that Scotland game felt very familiar as it was like watching sheff utd last season.

played well 👍
created many chances 👍
didnt take them 👍
got punished for not taking them 👍

i knew this wasnt going to be easy i remembered 2013 a friendly that was more competitive than all our 2014 WC qualifiers. & 2017 comfortable until Griffiths pull out 2 of his greatest Free Kicks of his career. i defend southgate because he doesnt get credit he deserves for his reign. he has had some impressive wins & achievements

all the talk of euro 96. well trevor brooking summed up this game on 3 lions. as i said above. only the Scottish come out of that game with any credit they were excellent & because of over cautious gareth. i said on sunday if the system unchanged. then weve got problem & it was unchanged & we've got problems

it was like watching us in 2010 world cup. which was fine then but not when we have some of the best attacking talent in 20 years. tonight his love of 2 DMs when we need to break teams down is infuriating sure he played 4231 v andorra once. Southgate lost the plot taking off foden. when we needed a goal took off creative midfielder but keeps on 2 holding midfielders

My good lady who just about tolerates watching football commented on taking Foden off ...

"Eh? Why is he coming off? He's been one of our best players"

Enough said.

It was a bloody awful performance.

yeah that was when i lost it cider_and_toast everyone & their literal grandmother knew you had to keep foden on 1 of rice or phillips had to come off. if southgate is terrified of scotland, im terrified of the knockout round. when we have to play portugal/germany, Spain, Dutch & France on a hypothetical route to the trophy

this is what makes a mockery of people wanting to finish 2nd in the group (which i disagree with because of travel reasons). as play like that & sweden/ukraine its going to be iceland all over again

i thought south gate would be manager in qatar as he would do enough as with such a short gap. as incredibly the world cup draw is only 9 months away. they wouldnt want upheaval so close & would replace in jan 2023 through either end of a cycle or poor performance & the new manager will have time to bed in before euro 2024. unless gareth starts being a bit more attacking. i can see him only having 2 games left as england manager. they do the best they can with the quick turnaround. as it was like watching us in 2010 world cup they wont want that again,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom