Driver involvement in overtaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't this guy just go watch NASCAR?
Plenty of 'overtaking' there.

What overtaking do you see in NASCAR ?!

Cause all I see is the same aero crap (with a few exceptions), same cookie cutter track approach, same or even more bans and restrictions, and just extra restarts to artificially inflate the overtaking numbers.

If NASCAR was actually good and not the same s*** (nearly) as F1 I'd watch it gladly.

Only the trucks offer nice racings.

Seriously people should stop mentioning NASCAR if they don't anything about it.

Can we split the rubbish off to a new thread please and keep this one about the 2011 season?
Perhaps we can just add the posts to one of the other DOF_power induced rants about how rubbish F1 is?

I am sure we are all familiar with NASCAR, we are just not familiar with the fantasy series you have spinning round your unusually argumentative brain.

I am sure we are all familiar with NASCAR, we are just not familiar with the fantasy series you have spinning round your unusually argumentative brain.

What fantasy ?!
Actually wanting normal passing, normal technology (that even an econo-box has) and innovation is somehow fantasy in a motorsport/ racing series.
It's sad day for motor-sport if normality is seen as an abnormality these days.

I guess breathing in and out will become an "art" next, or something.

DOF_Power, I am dyslexic, perhaps you might like to enable spelling and grammar checking in your browser. It would make comprehending your posts a little easier and less time consuming for your viewers.

Thread moved out of the general 2011 thread into a thread in it's own right.

Quick reminder to everyone to respect forum rules.

If this isn't art then I don't want to see another picture.

Holding a 4 wheel drift, fantastic.

rubbish CaT, there was clearly no skill involved in that and it was all down to driver aids which should be reinstated forthwith!
snigger.gif

Or have I got that wrong? Perhaps we need to ban driver aids and go back to driver skill?
confused.gif

dunno.gif

Aids or skill - if a driver masters his aids then, surely, that becomes skill?

If this isn't art then I don't want to see another picture.

Holding a 4 wheel drift, fantastic.

Push to pass variable turbo boost, extra "power per hour" thanks to superior electronics and powerplant from Honda.
See electronics can make racing interesting.

You just made my point, electronics and superior cars is good for racing.

rubbish CaT, there was clearly no skill involved in that and it was all down to driver aids which should be reinstated forthwith! :snigger:

Or have I got that wrong? Perhaps we need to ban driver aids and go back to driver skill? :s

:dunno:

What ******* driving skills will make Abu Dhabi better ?!

And WTF are you talking about ?!

"Driver aids" kill what exaclty ?!
In the active ride era races actually had more passing in the top 10 while cars had TC, ABS, active suspensions, 4 wheel steering and so on.
And it didn't kill jack **** in therms of driving skill since the top driver were still on top.
Mansell, Senna, Prost, young Schu were the drivers and they ridiculed their team mates in those active cars.
How shocking is that ?!

Breathing in and out is very definitely an art form, ask any Zen Bhuddist, Yoga, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Wing Chun practitioner.

All of them BSers, there's no art and there's purpose. Symbolism without substance.
And I don't want these types of BSers and this type of BS in F1.

Get into the tow, put foot, get out of the tow and pass.
That's all there was to it, and all it should be to it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom