Poll Do you use the Race Hub pages? Would you miss them if they were removed?

Would you miss the Race Hub pages if they were removed?

• Total voters
Perhaps the homepage (also under question) could serve to highlight and signpost features of the Racehub. I think when people come to a forum that looks like a forum that's all they expect to find and this discourages them from navigating into a lot of the sections and discovering some of the cool features. This might be helped also by using sme disruptive design patterns across site sections. That would probably mean more work, though, which is counter to the objective.

I don't use them regularly but they are interesting to look at as and when needed. If time is the problem Mr B, as we appear to have quite a few IT savvy people on here could others help with the updating? I exclude myself from this list as I often have trouble finding the power switch on my laptop although I'm willing to learn.

Unfortunately it requires access to the admin panel to update them so only those with administrator access and the relevant permissions to edit nodes and templates can do so.

Another question...

Would it be a huge problem if the Race Hub tab was removed from the nav bar?
It's still accessible from the forum list as it's the very first node in the list, even above the F1 forum.

I only ask because we could remove another add-on if it's not really required.

What about renaming "Forums" as "Community" and then moving "Chat" under "Community"?

Then you could group "Race hub" and "Overtaking" under "F1 Statistics"

Sorry for coming in from way left field.

Unfortunately that's not possible due to the way the code works - each add-on injects its own tab into the nav bar.
If you examine the template, the chat, overtaking and other tabs just don't exist - it's all done with .php.

The Race Hub pages will be staying then as some people at least find them useful.

I have however removed the tab from the nav bar as that enables me to remove one more add-on.
Presumably that's not going to cause any major issues as I can't imagine it is accessed that often?

The link to the current Race Hub is still at the top of the forum list http://cliptheapex.com/#formula-one.1 and the previous ones are in the archive http://cliptheapex.com/categories/season-archive.5/

Back
Top Bottom