Current Daniel Ricciardo

I noticed young Daniel didn't have his own thread so thought I'd give him on as sure he'll be around for a good few years.

Born in 1989 (that makes him 22 before you do the maths) this aussie started karting at the age of 9 and in 2005 entered the Western Australian Formula Ford Championship as a privateer driving a car that was 15 years old at the time and managed to finish 8th. He won a scholarship to compete in Formula BMW Asia the following year. As we all know he eventually became involved in the Red Bull young driver programme after winning the British Formula 3 championship in 2009.

Became Red Bull's test driver and has now stepped up to drive for HRT. Has been really hyped as the next big thing by the Red Bull team and the press. Eddie Jordan described him as a future world champion before he'd even done his first Grand Prix. The truth is though he has not set the world alight at HRT. How can one set the world alight at HRT I hear you ask to which I say - good point! Although he has beaten Liuzzi twice already in the races I believe he needs to get on top of him in quali too. Also he's being beaten by quite a way in the Formula Renault 3.5 Series by both Robert Wickens and Jean-Eric Vergne.

So Ricciardo - future number 1 or going going gone?

He has not bottled the challenge he can see that Red Bull don't value him highly enough all the best drivers and those who want to be champion know that they have to leave the team they once owned because they are not regarded as the favoured son ,,, Prost, Alonso , Vettel to name a few...

if Daniel beats Max and then demands he wants $40m do you think Red Bull will pay him the money to justify this ? He is at a different stage of his career to say when Button was going against Hamilton at Mclaren and getting paid less

Watched a interview with him where he said he a Max got along well, both hated being beaten by the other but dont hate each other.
Even went as far as to say he wasnt that upset with Max after the Baku accident what really upset him was the was the way RB handled it.
I think that was the moment he realised he didnt have a future with RBR.

220 which is my point exactly. Red Bull could have had a quiet word with Max that you don't take out your teammate. It was more they came out with 50-50 or maybe 60-40 towards Daniel's fault

weirdest places to find support from Daniel Riccardo. grafitied on power station beside our hotel
20190801_202321.jpg

He should be grateful. Over-rated has-been nobody misplaced favourites of yesteryear should take what they can get, and skulk back to drearyland - their chosen home.

vintly is most def not a Ricciardo fan. I'm willing to put 20 quid to a charity of your choice on the fact Danny Ric will win another race during his career.

Heheh Ricciardo has never done anything to bring me down Titch – only himself. Won't be long he'll be out of the F1 picture. Apparently he's in talks with Clark's Shoes about a kids' trainer that you can use to drink Ribena from, and he's writing a book of jokes about his balls, so good luck to him.

RasputinLives trying to claw back some of the inevitable Ham-to-Ferrari losses that you’re gonna rack up I see. Hmm let me think on that... nice idea though.

vintly is most def not a Ricciardo fan. I'm willing to put 20 quid to a charity of your choice on the fact Danny Ric will win another race during his career.

maybe but at moment it rely upon on red bull 08 > 09 transformation in 2021 or a seat in top 3 team by process of elimination is a ferrari seat. but its possible because as i said with alonso can you imagine in october 2006 hes 24? won his 2nd consective F1 world title. he will never win another world championship or after 2013 spanish GP he will never win another F1 race. both wouldve sounded absolutely ludicrous at the time. but came to pass

So his contract with Renault is only for two years and $60 million. Impressive. Can't blame him for moving at that price. He is well set up for 2021, having been the team leader at Renault, if they are getting their act together he can stay at the given rate of $30 million a year.....or.....he can move if a seat is open at Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull. The problem is that there may not be any seats open at those three teams in 2021, unless he wants to be the #2 driver to Hamilton, Leclerc and Verstappen. Might end up staying at Renault.

Ricciardo settles $12m manager lawsuit

and he's writing a book of jokes about his balls, so good luck to him.
I can't watch his interviews because they're so cringe worthy. I think he may be obsessed with genitalia because it's they're a reoccurring theme in his interviews.
I would have liked too seen if he could have beaten Verstappen this season after his bad run of luck last year which put Verstappen a long way ahead of him in the standings. They're both consistently fast drivers.

Do you mean he bottled his career by moving to Renault?

Edit: I tend to think that he would have lost because Verstappen has matured this season but I think Verstappen and Ricciardo would have pushed each other and it would be quite close.

Last edited:
@Bernoullii I mean I think that he ran from the fight against Max in an equal Red Bull. Either that or he genuinely thought or got sold the idea that Renault would be quickly competitive and he’d have more chance of glory there. Which would have been naive in the extreme. I like his driving style although I don’t think he’s in the top 5 or 6 current drivers and won miss him as he slides into mediocrity.

just watched the Riccardo episode on drive to survive. & i was discussing that worry about his move to Renault i think he's done an alonso. because 1st of all he couldn't have been happy this season & when in opinion Renault have an engine in F1 now that is closer to honda maybe behind honda than they are to mercedes/ferrari & even mclaren have left for same reasons as red bull. i just dont see how they can deliver on riccardio hopes in 2021. as i see the same top 4 staying same

but it is interesting at how it fell apart because Red Bull needs Riccardio & Riccardio needed Red Bull. but was it max, was he "walking away from a fight" as horner says. did horner do what we are all terrible at. we tell other people how much you love & cherish them. but you never tell the person personally. so riccardio felt unloved. or did he ask for parity on wages that red bull wouldnt deliver

Ricciardo must be telling his manager to keep ringing Ferrari every week to let them know he is still interested.

I agree I am concerned a bit for Ricciardo given Ocon is supposedly highly rated and will be fired up to get himself in the Merc seat so he is in a similar situation to what Vettel experienced at Red Bull when he was his teammate . Not only that Renault off track I am not convinced they are taking as seriously as they might be had Carlos Ghosn been the boss. Renault have no comparison for engine performance between teams so could slip back even further

Will be interesting to see what he has to say in season 2 on drive to survive comes out at the end of the week.
I still think the only thing he still wants to do in F1 is win or at least fight for a championship. RB weren't going to give him that last season or this one so he decided to for go the chance at the occasional race win for 10x the salary.

Back
Top Bottom