Head To Head Daniel Ricciardo vs Daniil Kvyat

Last race in Silverstone, Kvyat was also close to becoming youngest podium driver, and in Hungary he became the second youngest podium scorerer. Actually, it felt like Vettel's been defending that title for the last couple of races lol. But I don't think it's gonna be quite possible to defend that for much longer. Even the youngest winner stat might be gone in future thanks to Verstappen. Sainz or Kvyat are not much older, but they have less time for youngest stats. Well, youngest WDC record might be secure for now since it's hard to get a car good enough. Both the podium scorer and WDC might have been a year younger, I think, if Red Bull had somehow promoted Vettel a bit sooner into F1. 2009 WDC and Japan'07 comes to mind.

Kvyat's 4th place at Spa now puts him 6 points in front of Ricciardo in the championship.

This one is really getting spicy now as the Red Bull is getting better as a car and the fact that both drivers are on good form is really pushing them forward. Its Kvyat getting the results though even if at times Ricciardo has looked the quicker. 3 top 6 finishes in a row for the Russian now.

To be honest Kvyat looked out of sorts at Spa and I thought was going to finish way down but the suddenly pulled something out of the bag and charged through the field at the end.

I think this one is going to be really close.

To be honest Kvyat looked out of sorts at Spa and I thought was going to finish way down but the suddenly pulled something out of the bag and charged through the field at the end.
Really? He looked really good imo. They had a really late pit stop that dropped him to barely-in-the-points. But he got the job done indeed. The overtake on Massa was really good. It was really exciting to watch.

He was 12th in quali and was only running 9th before everyone started to pit. he didn't really look on for a good result and was well down on Danny Ric. His middle stint pace and his cutting through the pack later on really turned it round though.

He was 12th in quali and was only running 9th before everyone started to pit. he didn't really look on for a good result
You mean that for the first 8 laps or something, or until VSC, that he didn't really look on for a good result? Grosjean was also 7th or something for some time. Did he not look strong?

Grosjean's team mate was not battling for a podium position at the time and he wasn't driving one of the cars which had looked quickest all weekend.

I'm not sure why you're pushing this so hard really.

Last edited:
Who wasn't driving a car that looked one of the quickest cars all weekend? Lotus and Red Bull were two of the quickest cars. Or do you mean Ricciardo looked one of the quickests? Kvyat was very close all weekend in practice sessions, give or take a couple of tenths.

Ok.

Kvyat was brilliant all weekend. Really. Best I've ever seen him drive in the entire and time I've been watching him for the last 3 years. Being 12th in quali and running well down of Ricciardo was obviously a tactical move to entertain the fans.

Geez.

Kyvat is beginning to settle in and knows Red Bull have a fast car and he's not having a knife stuck in his back by Helmut for the all problems earlier this season and threatened with being dropped for Mad Max and Prince Carlos

The internal battle is getting interesting because Ricciardo would have probably got 3rd in Spa until his car failed and the Red Bull have improved and it appears Daniel is showing he is fast but just not getting the results through misfortune in the last two races

I hope Daniel is not yet thinking yet that he should have forced his hand in signing for Ferrari

Its worth noting that Kvyat's 5th in Russia means he is now 3 points in front of Ricciardo in the championship with 4 races to go.

Back
Top Bottom