Cricket World Cup Groups Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Remember I did a quiz sort of about the football World Cup groupings a while back. Well, I thought the quiz was a good idea. So here's the CWC version. No need to know anything about Cricket though. Some teams have no F1 history, so they're dimmed!

Q1-5: Group A: Australia, Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Canada, Kenya

1. Which World Champion won exactly half of his 14 races for one team, and 14 for another?

Sir Jack Brabham for Cooper and Brabham

2. No Canadian has ever won the Australian GP, but which Australian twice won the Canadian GP?

Alan Jones. (Jack Brabham won it twice)

3. Where was Gilles Villeneuve's only race for [sometime Kiwi team] McLaren?

Silverstone (in 1977)

4. Who was world Champion in the year Rhodesian John Love came second in the South African GP?

1967 - Denny Hulme!

5. This pie shows the podiums scored for each nation, with the orange slice largest.

CTA.jpg

Which colour is which?

Orange - Australia 76
Purple - NZ 71
Green - Canada 36

1/3 of a point for getting each of those three countries.

Of course yellow is Zimbabwe 1!

Q6-10: Group B: India, South Africa, England, West Indies, Bangladesh, Ireland*, Netherlands

*Note the Ireland cricket team represents Northern Ireland and the ROI!

6. The first victory for a man with West Indian ancestry in F1 was at the 2007 Canadian GP. Who was the other English finisher?

Anthony Davidson

7. Where did Derek Daly finish at Zandvoort in 1982, when he got his car to the line?

5th, his only finish at the resort

8. Who was the second highest finisher from this group in the 1979 World Championship, won by SA's Jody Scheckter?

John Watson. Not English, but qualifies for Ireland. The only British points scorer in '79.

9. Who set a faster time - Karun Chandhok at the 2010 Australian GP or Narain Karthikeyan at the 2011 race?

Karun. No double-bluff here...

10. Identify the English and Irish drivers in this pie chart, showing points scored!

CTA II.jpg

Derek Warwick (ENG), Eddie Irvine (IRL)

A back on form 7 for me.

(There's a slight issue in the answer under the button on question 4 but I would have got the answer spot on anyway)

I've surpassed myself! I scored FOUR! :o I don't like it. It's bloomin' dizzy up 'ere..! :dizzy:

Party!!!
dancing2.gif
:cheer:
dancing2.gif

For the record, Q2, Q6, Q7 & Q9 were the questions I answered correctly. Now, I'm off to lie down in a darkened room....

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Back
Top Bottom