Cricket Cricket - 2011 season and other banter

The two countries to watch out for in World Cricket in the future are China and USA. China, who once considered cricket decadent, are now starting to play cricket as part of their plans to dominate all World sport and in the USA the number of migrants from the Indian sub-continent has resulted in cricket leagues in cities like New York.

Two more countries for England to lose to :(

It won't be long before Spain are dominating cricket.

Well surprises do happen, but the likelihood is slim.

It seems to be an enternity waiting for cricket to come along and by cricket I refer to the long formats, I regularly attend international tests in my local area and found myself somewhat cricketed out by the WC and IPL. When Aus arrive late September we would have had no cricket for 5 months which concerns me over rust and lack of match fitness.

On a side note yesterday was Dale "steyn remover" Steyn's 28th, he is chasing down the great Malcolm Marshall's strike rate, needs around 100 odd wickets in 20 odd tests at his existing strike rate to become the only fast bowler with a strike rate of less than 40 which is incredible either way you slice it.

Normally our rivalries with England and Aus lead to bad blooded debate but I will say as a Test side England are looking mighty solid in that arena, think the balance is very good and fully expect them to beat India.

I'm still concerned about the apparent weakness in our bowling attack. Tremlett is maturing into a superb strike bowler, but Jimmy A never seems to be a consistent threat, and Broad's technique seems to have deserted him for now. Perhaps they need to recall Bresnan instead of him against the Indians, and even consider sacrificing Morgan for more of an all-rounder?

Whats the story with Graeme Onions?

If you looking at all rounders is that someone like Yardy, Collingwood, Wright or is there another emerging all rounder in the English ranks?

It won't be long before Spain are dominating cricket.
I used to live in Spain and tried to teach my neighbours to play... Que?

My favourite quote was from Rafael Benitez, who said something like, "how do you explain to your wife that you are going out for a game and that you will be back in 5 days time?"

I now run a T20 team in Cambridge. If anyone on here is nearby and wants a game...

India made better use of the conditions on a day when it was very good to win the toss. Magic first delivery from Jimmy Anderson though!

The real test for England's bowlers will be to contain the Indians in clearer & warmer weather today.

Back
Top Bottom