Music Cover Versions

i was listening to ella eyre album last year (1 of my 2 main favourites along with foxes), & in bonus songs she does what i think is great cover version "we dont have to take our clothes off" which i think is miles better as it adds soul & emotion

on a topical note i thought alexandra burke (1 of the 3 decent winners of x factor) winners single cover of leonard cohens hallelujah 8 years ago :o was just as good as the original

as you cant better leonard cohen if im not wrong created history as only for same song by 2 artists to make no 1 & no2 in the charts when released & re-released at christmas

Last edited:
Jeff Buckleys version of Hallelujah is good as well. But I don't think you can beat Leonard Cohens gravelly tones.

Last edited:
Wasn't there something about 150 different covers of Hallelujah. The X Factor version is, without doubt, one of the very worst.

Great thing about music, someones favourite song is anothers worst ever made[FLOAT_RIGHT][/FLOAT_RIGHT]

How about this little beauty?

(Oh and Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah is the definitive version. Poor old Jeff. Drowned swimming in his boots and then Muse and Radiohead stole his style)

I couldnt believe earlier that muses "feeling good" is a cover version. As its so good & rocky

Quite a common misconception due to it being such a good cover.
Often spoken of in terms of actually being better than the original.
Again, it's all down to taste but I think its phenomenal.

Just stumbled across the single version of this cover by a band called Disturbed, then I found them doing a love version and it sounds even better. My word that singer has a quality set of pipes.

I've recently discovered Alt-J and they like to put the odd cover version on their albums. On Relaxer they did House of the Rising Sun and on This is All Yours they did Lovely day - both very original versions.

Now, for 5 points, who did the orignal of this? And for an extra point, what film was the Limp Bizkit version used in?

Too easy. Seen original performed live.

Got the t-shirt you could say. ;)

Good cover of it though.

Back
Top Bottom