Gaming Circuit de Catalunya - F1 2010

Sarinaide

Banned
I am in season 1 with Virgin Racing and this track seems to be close to impossible to match the computer (AI) that seem blistering fast in every sector and pull away with ease, those behind build up like a freight train until the pit intervals.

I don't know if this is generic in all platforms (consoles and PC) as from hearsay I have heared that it is even tough with the best cars as the AI is just so quick regardless.

I was in a Lotus in Season 1 and they held me in the pits for an eternity at the Spanish Grand Prix. So I got leap-frogged by lots of drivers in the pit lane after driving out of my skin to get that car up to 13th or 14th in to the tyre stop! Pathetic! >:(

I was in a Lotus in Season 1 and they held me in the pits for an eternity at the Spanish Grand Prix. So I got leap-frogged by lots of drivers in the pit lane after driving out of my skin to get that car up to 13th or 14th in to the tyre stop! Pathetic! >:(

Patch v 1.01 fixes that pit bug where you get held up for 10+ seconds uneccessarily, that said it improves the AI skills and sadly Catalunya is giving the thought that I may as well try take my wheels off and DNF because it is ridiculous how fast the Computer AI is (Professional)

Has anyone on here played F1 2010 with both a controller and a steering wheel...and, if so, what are lap time differentials?

I found with my gamepad that by altering the input file and changing the left and right deadzones to 0.6 or whichever is user preference and the saturation to 2.0 or user preference I get way less twitchy controls and far more comfortable with the steering, when I started playing it last saturday I found it way to sensitive now at least I can concentrate on racing not so much my input.

The Patch among the many fixes gives and in game setting for deadzones and sensitivities, though it is under "wheel options" so I did it manually in the file "actionmaps" in the root directory.

I played full 100% long weekend races on pro with HRT and thus far have; 17 - Bahrain 13 - Australia 15 - Malaysia 16 - China 15 - Turkey and 20 - Spain. I have beaten Bruno in all but Spain and out qualified him twice so not too bad with a vastly slower car.

I did a Grand Prix free play with Ferrari at Bahrain and clock up 1:58 (Hard Tyre) odd lap times as opposed to the 2:07(Softs) odd with HRT, and the aerodynamics is way better than that crappy HRT and back end car.

I don't know if you know this, but the AI doesn't drive with full tanks in 100% races.

I haven't noticed any stopings due to gas issues, but the released patch seems to fix the low fuel problems and the AI actually is far more agressive in overtakes and defences.

By that did you mean that is why they are super quick or that they suddenly stop, I haven't noticed any since the patch. I also noted that the normal copy the computer always DSQ's or DNF's fixed that too.

I don't own F1 2010 but I have played it and I do know that the Barcelona circuit has ridiculously good AI. Even for the best players in the best cars, it's not easy. Especially if you are in a lower tier car then you are almost always going to be slower by some margin. It's effectively a bug in the game.

If anyone owns the PC version they can download an AI mod which lets you correct the AI on every circuit so that it matches your speed, and it lets you control how fast they go through each corner, because sometimes I've found that you end up with the AI being great around 12/13 of the corners, then on that last 1/13 they are so bad you run straight into the back of them.

I don't own F1 2010 but I have played it and I do know that the Barcelona circuit has ridiculously good AI. Even for the best players in the best cars, it's not easy. Especially if you are in a lower tier car then you are almost always going to be slower by some margin. It's effectively a bug in the game.

If anyone owns the PC version they can download an AI mod which lets you correct the AI on every circuit so that it matches your speed, and it lets you control how fast they go through each corner, because sometimes I've found that you end up with the AI being great around 12/13 of the corners, then on that last 1/13 they are so bad you run straight into the back of them.

I have the Patch and the AI tool mod, but I find that the AI is improved but on Catalunya are still down right flawless. I am in season 1 of the 7 option so am expectedly down the bottom with a HRT, to be honest I like that because you really never going to see a Virgin, Lotus or HRT in the points, but damn Catalunya is a "crash and take a DNF then move on to Monaco"

My Season 1 at Spain was a Full Wet race. I had the Lotus and I found I had to tip toe through that stupid little chicane at the end of the lap (the stuff they avoid in Moto GP). Either I spun...or I had to slow to a crawl and risk someone coming up my backside and take me on the straight. Luckily they don't give out penalties for excessive weaving! :D

I haven't noticed any stopings due to gas issues, but the released patch seems to fix the low fuel problems and the AI actually is far more agressive in overtakes and defences.

By that did you mean that is why they are super quick or that they suddenly stop, I haven't noticed any since the patch. I also noted that the normal copy the computer always DSQ's or DNF's fixed that too.

They are always quick in Spain, especially in sector 2, but i just wanted to point out that the fuel isn't the same with the AI. Don't know if there are other patches from other people on PC.

Has anyone on here played F1 2010 with both a controller and a steering wheel...and, if so, what are lap time differentials?

Yes - I have noticed a difference of 0.5 - 1 sec difference (the steering wheel being quicker)
Also, it is really noticeable on the Circuit de Catalunya - especially turn 7, which I have always found difficult

Not sure I have noticed this, but it is a track where there is always collision into the chicane before turn 8 I think? Can never get the last chicane right.

But the AI is usually really slow in Montreal...the AI is just terrible in this game overall

One thing I've noticed on this track is that the last corner is very bumpy, pretty sure it's not like that on the actual Catalunya circuit. Has anyone else noticed this?

My general AI beef is in the fact that I generally start from P20 downward but take a lot of positions off the start, but I cannot lap by lap drive away from the backfield so the pit is irrelevent as I cannot keep my tremendous track position from the start. The AI has like catch up mode or something which is really annoying because an HRT is really a mare to drive and just really slow regardless.

I have the AI Toolkit v 1.5 which now makes the game far more enjoyable, set the ingame difficulty (ai) to expert and then exit and tweak the race by race difficulty in the AI.application, I have modded it to get the relative reduction in qualie times to about 1 or seconds slower which averts that issue that the computers times are generated as faster all the time, so I actually have a chance of qualifying in the top 20 with HRT on a good run.

It fixes the AI aggression in overtaking and defending, the fuel sim works better and it removes the horrid catch up mode. The computer also pits more now 2-3 on 100% races.

Back
Top Bottom