Christian Horner

Who is Christian Horner? Is he what he appears, the extremely successful team principal of the best team in Formula One; a shrewd operator who has won everything and is the glue that holds the Red Bull team together.

Or is he just a yes-man, for Marko maybe, a brown-noser to Ecclestone and a surprisingly obnoxious front man for the energy drinks advertising budget.

Surely he's somewhere in between though, he must be more than an advertiser (you'd say EJ surely), but he clearly isn't calling all the shots. He's probably best characterised as F1's best young politician, not only winning the external war but managing several other big-shots and two drivers convinced by their own right to superior treatment.

Jody Scheckter was banned for four races by his team McLaren for taking out 9 cars at the 1973 British GP in the dry but no punishment by the FIA, somehow I don't think Mercedes will follow suit for Bottas for only 3 or 4 cars in the wet

1647803978792.png

Probably not. But the. i can count the number of team principles that have managed more than 1 team on one hand.

Probably not. But the. i can count the number of team principles that have managed more than 1 team on one hand.
Being team principal does require a big ego and be prepared to make those unpopular decisions so yeah valid point I had not thought of it like that. I was more thinking of all the assets of Red Bull /Alpha Tauri racing were available to poach Horner would probably not be as highly considered as the others

I appreciate Christian Horner is not a very likeable character, but let's not downplay his achievements at Red Bull. Since he started running the team in 2005 they have won 4 constructors titles and 5 drivers championships. The only team with a better record over that time period is the might Daimler Benz, with all the resources of a global car manufacturer.

This success cannot be in spite of him.

I appreciate Christian Horner is not a very likeable character, but let's not downplay his achievements at Red Bull. Since he started running the team in 2005 they have won 4 constructors titles and 5 drivers championships. The only team with a better record over that time period is the might Daimler Benz, with all the resources of a global car manufacturer.

Yes he is part of the success but you wonder to what extent. I use to think Todt and Dennis were bad when allowed airtime but he is the worst I've seen with some of the garbage he comes out with. He is Marko's puppet.
The comment with a dig at Mercedes just reminds of an immature school boy.

He is more worried about what's behind him then?🤣 Not about in front of him

Ever since the report came out he has been throwing barbs at Mercedes
Every comment has to be deflected onto Mercedes .

It's going to be Red Bull's undoing this season

Having Adrian Newey definitely helps but, yes, as much as it sticks in my throat, he has done an excellent job as the TP

personally headhunting Adrian Newey getting him to come to red bull when they were towards the back & i think Newey was going to retire? was a huge coup

Hadn't Jaguar signed Newey and then Ron Dennis convinced him to stay at McLaren for another season? I believe he had to do a year on gardening leave, which is all a bit pathetic really.

at the moment Horner - every time he speaks its always a Mercedes element involved

The pathetic thing is he has not apologised to Latifi for his post race Abu dhabi comment

I've never felt like I needed to guitar smash someone over the head so badly like him

----

I remember the Newey - Jaguar farce which was probably the beginning of the end for Newey at Mclaren even though it was another 4 years but they squandered opportunities in 2003 and 2005.

Yes Horner is part of a successful team but every time you hear him now his comments is not straight talking its like a
fox broadcasting GIF by So You Think You Can Dance
200.gif

Back
Top Bottom