Blocking in IndyCar

Now I'm confused.

Is BB the only person who interprets the rule this way? Also could someone in the know confirm what the rule actually is?

Bullfrog said:
Is BB the only person who interprets the rule this way? Also could someone in the know confirm what the rule actually is?

The rule is, that from entering the breaking zone, to the entry of the corner (meaning, the point where the driver starts to turn in) the track is physically split into 2 down the centre of the track.

Only drivers attempting an overtaking manoeuvre are allowed to start his line, on the inside half of the track, prior to turning in.

This essentially means that all overtaking drivers are allowed to take the inside line at a corner, with the defending driver forced to take the outside line....

If this is not the definition of artificially induced overtaking, I don't know what is...

So basically the car ahead can't change line once it gets into the braking zone. Presumably though you could still take an inside line as long as you were on it before the start of the braking zone? If I'm right on that it's slightly less ridiculous than I previously thought but it's still a stupid rule.

No mate you are wrong I'm afraid, you have to be on the outside, if you just stay on the same line on the inside, then thats blocking LOL

:givemestrength:

That begs the question; why the uproar? A bonkers rule it may be but it looks like it was at least applied correctly, Castroneves was on the inside of the corner on the approach and all the way round. :dunno:

Brogan said:
Ouch!

That has probably pissed him off even more...

Worse, he's the second person to go on probation this year(along w/Milka Duno.............). When I read about the fine & probation, I kept thinking, "they better not put him and the Iron Hand of Justicechief steward Brian Barnhart in the same room together or we might be short one chief steward AND one driver......."............. :o :o :o :o :o

Back
Top Bottom