Poll Best Debut: Contenders as voted by you!

Who had the most impressive debut?

• Mark Donohue - Can 1971

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ricardo Rodriguez - Ita 1961

• Carlos Reutemann - Arg 1972

• Alain Prost - Arg 1980

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RasputinLives

No passing through my dirty air please
Contributor
So after taking opinon from all you lot we've come up with the following contenders for best debut and before you just click Lewis Hamilton entertain yourself with having a little look at how the others did as I went and read up on some of the debuts put forward and learnt a lot of new stuff.

You have 7 days to vote on it boys and girls and the winner will have the special knowledge of knowing that they have earned Clip The Apex best debut which I'm sure will mean more to them than any titles or races they've ever won.

The other thread http://cliptheapex.com/threads/best-debut.6135/ has much discussion regarding the in's and out's of the debuts if you want a recap although of course discussion and justification of vote are encouraged on this here thread.

You have 7 days to vote on it boys and girls and the winner will have the special knowledge of knowing that they have earned Clip The Apex best debut which I'm sure will mean more to them than any titles or races they've ever won.

...if you don't believe that, vote for Kobayashi... LOL

Maybe Jacques old friend Craig Sustainable Fish Source has set up multiple accounts just to ensure his boy wins. It wasn't a bad debut as debuts go though although I voted for Herbert simply because of what he had been through to get there.

If I recall, Jacques' Williams was so much better than the field that anything less than second would have been unthinkable. He did put it on pole and should have won but for gremlins, but such was the car supremacy that its hard to vote for him.

Taking the car into account, I am torn between Alesi and Schumacher. Webber did well, but there were a lot of cars falling off in front of him. I think seeing as Schumacher has won enough already and Jean won next to nothing else in spite of his talent, I might give this one to him.

I voted for Kobayashi for the same reasons tby did, plus I've only seen his and Hamilton's debut (I am a latecomer) and Hamilton kind of did what was expected I suppose...

Mansell anyone - last on the grid and his car was overheating and he was still fighting the burns until it failed

No Kimi Raikkonen - did not he score pts on his debut despite the hoo ha he got an F1 licence without doing F3 or F3000

No Robert Kubica - got into the points but was disqualified for being underweight as did Perez on his debut

--------------------------------------------------------------

No one voting for Rosberg I think he finished 8th and fastest lap as well from last on the grid

------------------

Seriously thought Johnny deserves the nod after his dreadful accident

Back
Top Bottom