Barcelona and Valencia to host Grands Prix on alternate years from 2013

Well it's a start I guess. I'm a fan of neither circuit so at least we only have to suffer one a season. That makes room for one new venue (if we assume we are not going to go higher than the currently agreed 20) which I guess will be the newly agreed US GP East (???) or New York GP or however it will be known.

Well it's a start I guess. I'm a fan of neither circuit so at least we only have to suffer one a season. That makes room for one new venue (if we assume we are not going to go higher than the currently agreed 20) which I guess will be the newly agreed US GP East (???) or New York GP or however it will be known.

I thought the same - whats going to make way for the Russian race in 2014 though? You'd think it would be Bahrain but I bet you it won't be.

I thought the same - whats going to make way for the Russian race in 2014 though? You'd think it would be Bahrain but I bet you it won't be.

The Koreans may fall on the sword, they have already asked for cheaper terms. Otherwise Malaysia or China.

That's like telling me, "Good news we have organized a CTA trip to the Silverstone grand prix for 50 quid a head:) ." but!! "Your doing all the driving, you have to pick everone up and drop them off at their front door so you can't have a drink while we get pissed:disappointed: "

Thanks for that..

Bloody half a dozen of one and six of the other.........

The Koreans may fall on the sword, they have already asked for cheaper terms. Otherwise Malaysia or China.

Both Malaysia and China are happy paying the fee's, and have shown no sign of worrying for the 8 and 13 times they have held races. This year Malaysia will equal Brands Hatch's total number of races.

The sport needs a race in Spain just as much as it needs one in the UK, Italy and Germany. If the French weren't quite so French, they would be on that list too, but c'est la vie. ;)

Two was always a luxury given the market size, even with Alonso. Two in the US? A luxury or a big push to establish the sport? The latter works for me. Russia should have a race and so should Brazil, China and India just simply because so many people live in those countries.

I am pleased that we will have a race in Spain still, and pleased that we will only have to suffer Barcelona and Valencia's circuits every other year. Real politik :)

Both Malaysia and China are happy paying the fee's, and have shown no sign of worrying for the 8 and 13 times they have held races. This year Malaysia will equal Brands Hatch's total number of races.

Then Malaysia must have changed their tune in the last three years. A new prime minister came in then, one of the things he was saying was "Why are we dong this?". The interest is very low and there are better ways that they could spend the money, we will see what happens when their contract is up for renewal.

The sport needs a race in Spain just as much as it needs one in the UK, Italy and Germany. If the French weren't quite so French, they would be on that list too, but c'est la vie. ;)

Two was always a luxury given the market size, even with Alonso. Two in the US? A luxury or a big push to establish the sport? The latter works for me. Russia should have a race and so should Brazil, China and India just simply because so many people live in those countries.

I am pleased that we will have a race in Spain still, and pleased that we will only have to suffer Barcelona and Valencia's circuits every other year. Real politik :)

I too am happy we have a race in Spain - but can't it be at Jerez? please?

Without Alonso the Spaniards don't really take an interest in F1, they're a bike mob.

The crowds for those early races at Jerez make Bahrain appear massive.

Like I have said previously Bernie only wants 5 races in western Europe with F1 going global namely Middle and Far east

Good riddance to at least one of the most boring tracks on the calendar at least that's one processional race less we will have to witness ..quite why the BBC chose to show both races live is ridiculous

The Spanish love bikes which is cheaper than F1 to host plus they've got 3 or was it 4 races last year on the moto GP calendar. Yes Spain is in deep recession so really they can;t afford to host two races

South Korea they tried to bend to BErnie's will in delivering a lot of promises that the area will be a new city but the price was too expensive and the area has not been developed as promised

Well about time.

What will happen to the European GP? Will it get scrapped?

It depends what the nationality of the biggest name in F1 is at the time. If it continues to be Vettel then they'll prob have a second one in Germany again and use the European title there like they did under Schumacher. Its all about bringing the money in.

Each to their own, but things must be really bad if people are getting nostalgic for Jerez!

I remember some great action at Jerez! Senna and Mansell "Its wheel to wheel stuff". Schumie and Jaques "Its not worked this time Michael". I don't remember it being the best track on the Cal but it certainly was never the worst!

There were at least 2 memorable races at Jerez I grant you (1986 and 1997 - though the latter was only made tense by the title situation). Which is, perhaps, one more memorable race than Catalunya has managed I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom