Andretti F1

without turning it in a haas thread. id love 22 even 26 cars because we can give more talent a chance to prove themselves without hitting a glass ceiling & going to Formula E or Le Mans & we need the buffer because i cant believe F1 havent started a season with 16-18 cars. because its a miracle with amount of teams on verge or have gone out of business

but was clear to see with the drive to survive episode where grosjean & magussen had been let go. Gene Haas has either had enough or is very close, as he very vocal about how much team spend to finish 7th of 10. as the reason Mazepin & Schumacher were hired was Haas slashed the funding & told steiner he had to fill that gap with money/paydrivers. i think they are still towards the bottom Gene Haas goes. that will be another team that come & gone within 6 years. i was thinking sauber was the last new entry to stay in the sport for a decade is 1993, BAR, Jaguar, Toyota, Lotus/Caterham, Virgin/Marussia, HRT have all come in & gone within 6 years

After the farce we are seeing where drivers can only join teams they are associated I want to see more teams on the grid to give talent a chance

Andretti wanted to buy Sauber but Vasseur was not willing to budge control
It makes sense given their wind tunnel is one of the best set ups. If Andretti then goes with BMW bases on their Formula E than up then BMW might still have knowledge of the set up they did with Sauber

without turning it in a haas thread. id love 22 even 26 cars because we can give more talent a chance to prove themselves without hitting a glass ceiling & going to Formula E or Le Mans & we need the buffer because i cant believe F1 havent started a season with 16-18 cars. because its a miracle with amount of teams on verge or have gone out of business

but was clear to see with the drive to survive episode where grosjean & magussen had been let go. Gene Haas has either had enough or is very close, as he very vocal about how much team spend to finish 7th of 10. as the reason Mazepin & Schumacher were hired was Haas slashed the funding & told steiner he had to fill that gap with money/paydrivers. i think they are still towards the bottom Gene Haas goes. that will be another team that come & gone within 6 years. i was thinking sauber was the last new entry to stay in the sport for a decade is 1993, BAR, Jaguar, Toyota, Lotus/Caterham, Virgin/Marussia, HRT have all come in & gone within 6 years
The team roundabout over the last 30 years has been horrendous. (Trying to do this from memory)

Season enteredTeam nameFate
1991JordanSurvived until 2005, has now become Aston Martin
1991Modena/LamboLasted until 1991
1992Andrea ModaHahahahahaha
1993 SauberBecame BMW briefly, now Alfa Romeo
1994SimtekLasted until 1995
1994 PacificLasted until 1995
1995 Forti CorseLasted until 1996
1997StewartLasted until 1999, when bought by Ford and rebadged as Jaguar. Sold to Red Bull in 2005
1997Mastercard LolaHahahahahahaha
1999British American Racing (Bought Tyrrell's entry)Sold to Honda in 2006, became Brawn in 2009, and then bought by Mercedes in 2010
2002ToyotaClosed in 2009
2006Super AguriClosed mid 2008, when Nick Fry refused to give them engines.
2010LotusBecame Caterham in 2012, and closed in 2014
2010HRTClosed in 2012
2010VirginRenamed Marussia in 2012, and closed in 2015
2016HaasStill in existence

thats a bad list The Artist..... & the old adage of this how its always been worked for the 1st 50 yrs of the sport when we had entries battering down the door to get in & we had 26 car grids & pre qualifying. but we got to get to bottom of why no teams are able to stay ling term

as since 2009 i think its only Haas & this entry that have made a serious bid to be fresh entry into F1. but in that same time we had 8? teams nearly or have pulled out of sport

thats a bad list The Artist..... & the old adage of this how its always been worked for the 1st 50 yrs of the sport when we had entries battering down the door to get in & we had 26 car grids & pre qualifying. but we got to get to bottom of why no teams are able to stay ling term

as since 2009 i think its only Haas & this entry that have made a serious bid to be fresh entry into F1. but in that same time we had 8? teams nearly or have pulled out of sport
Credit crunch put into reality just how expensive and unsustainable f1 is

Bernie and Max tried their two tier formula which only lasted 3 seasons with 3 teams

Since then we ve got teams where Merc , Ferrari and Red Bull monopolise the grid with the other teams who are very resistant to budget cuts especially Red Bull which would upset their dominance

The teams at the top are always going to look after their own interests. I do hope we get more teams

The thing is that there have actually been lots of entries since 2009, but none have been supported.

• Prodrive (twice) (rejected because they dared sign a contract with Mercedes for engines, rather than Cosworth)
  • Brabham (not really, but,.,)
  • Stefan GP on the back of Toyota assets
  • Epsilon Euskadi
  • Mallock
The 1980s and 90s saw massive turnover of teams, but there were always (until 1996 at least) full grids. I still think that the nadir of F1 was Toyota being given a guaranteed entry in 2002, and then starting the spending war. That being said, without the increased spending, once Ferrari sorted its problems out, had other teams not been spending like mad, Ferrari would have won 10 (or more) in a row!

I'd want to :censored: lobby to the FIA why can't you have more teams if you have a bigger F1 calendar and also more drivers get to do F1

If you are telling me the current grid represents the 20 best drivers in the world then I would say BS

I wonder which teams were not happy that Andretti wanted to be in F1 then?

I wonder which teams were not happy that Andretti wanted to be in F1 then?
That's simple. The teams at most risk of losing prize money. I believe it's still the case that only the top 10 teams in the constructors championship earn prize money therefore, with 11 teams, someone will lose out.

oh yeah id say everyone. but its mental because F1 should have 26 cars on that grid. even if they werent competitive it doesnt matter as F1 grid had far more calue in 2010 or 1990s than it does now because there was far more seats.

that opportunity for me is a big thing. . you dont need 10 teams that can win a race. 2 or 3 teams that would be over the moon with a point at the end of the season uncompetitive minnows are in the DNA in F1. Tyrell, Arrows, Minardi, Super Aguri, Manor. because how talent are we losing because nobody can get in, i can only talk about the modern ish era. bar Senna at toleman & Alesi at Tyrell, but im thinking Alonso, Webber at Minardi, Bianchi & Ocon at Manor, Riccardo at HRT

it huge because you can come in learn F1 with very little pressure because your not on tv. ive heard a few drivers like that who take risks with set ups they normally couldnt, because if it works fantastic if it doesnt worst that happens is they finish last instead of 2nd last

That's simple. The teams at most risk of losing prize money. I believe it's still the case that only the top 10 teams in the constructors championship earn prize money therefore, with 11 teams, someone will lose out.
They really need to look at this if MotoGp can have more entries in the Premier class.

I don't see why F1 does not

If its about money then they need to find a better solution its a disgrace

Last edited:
I fully agree but until F1 is no longer run as a protectionist racket where the teams are more concerned with looking after their own lot and not the greater good, nothing will change.

I fully agree but until F1 is no longer run as a protectionist racket where the teams are more concerned with looking after their own lot and not the greater good, nothing will change.
At the moment I can only see Zac Brown trying to break this circle we will get a divided camp consisting of Red Bull, Ferrari, Alpine and Merc ( the factory teams ) vs the privateers situation unfortunately there are two sitting on the fence - Alpha Tauri and Aston Martin

Alpha Turi is Red Bull so not a privateer, you'll find that out on the last lap if one is leading with the no1 team right up it's fundemental orifice

Alpha Turi is Red Bull so not a privateer, you'll find that out on the last lap if one is leading with the no1 team right up it's fundemental orifice

Alpha Tauri if they were not owned by Red Bull they would siding with the privateers being a small outfit but the fact they are means they will go with Red Bull even though its detrimental to their own team competing at the front

At the moment I can only see Zac Brown trying to break this circle we will get a divided camp consisting of Red Bull, Ferrari, Alpine and Merc ( the factory teams ) vs the privateers situation unfortunately there are two sitting on the fence - Alpha Tauri and Aston Martin

I'm afraid Zac Brown has shown in his business moves that he likes to buy out and shut down the competition. I fully expect the monopoly for the big names to continue whilst throwing a few crumbs to the lesser and pretending he is Robin Hood.

He is not the Messiah. He is a very naughty boy.

I'm afraid Zac Brown has shown in his business moves that he likes to buy out and shut down the competition. I fully expect the monopoly for the big names to continue whilst throwing a few crumbs to the lesser and pretending he is Robin Hood.

He is not the Messiah. He is a very naughty boy.
there goes my hope then

interesting piece of gossip from alex Jacques. if Andretti do come through it be with a Renault Engine & if that's case depending on the year. i would assume herta & piastri would be likely 2 drivers

Back
Top Bottom