Football African Cup of Nations 2012

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
Well this has just started tonight.
The tournament is been hosted by both Equatorial Guinea and Gabon this time round. With no Eygpt, Nigeria and Cameroon not taking part the Ivory Coast and Ghana must fancy their chances.

Earlier tonight:
Equatorial Guinea 1-0 Libya
Senegal 1-2 Zambia

Tomorrow see's Ivory Coast enter the competition!

Will be keeping a close what on Kalou and Ba over this tournament.

I think it's criminal that there is very little TV coverage (ITV4) of this tournament and absolutely none of the South American one.
But I think that Ivory Coast will win it but I am surprised that there is no Egypt there.

but I am surprised that there is no Egypt there.

You would have thought they'd have been given an automatic bye to the ACON, but no they failed to qualify from their group.

Will be interesting to see how Chamakh does for his country. I really don't think he's been given a fair chance at Arsenal.

Will be interesting to see how Chamakh does for his country. I really don't think he's been given a fair chance at Arsenal.
I agree! If Wenger keeps playing him and Arshavin, I can see them both recovering from their 'extra-long blip' in form.

I agree! If Wenger keeps playing him and Arshavin, I can see them both recovering from their 'extra-long blip' in form.

I think Arshavin's had his chance. I think he's good as an impact sub. But he's getting on abit now. He's like 30 isn't he? They'll be no juice left in him if he plays all the game.

I think it's criminal that there is very little TV coverage (ITV4) of this tournament and absolutely none of the South American one.
But I think that Ivory Coast will win it but I am surprised that there is no Egypt there.

The legendary Eurosport are broadcasting matches live so check that out too!

I am surprised that there is no Egypt there.

Apparently the Arab Spring has had a bad effect on Egypt, rather than the positive uplift it gave Tunisia and, particularly, Libya. South Africa should have qualified from Egypt's group, but did what the cricketers always do and forgot to check the rules, played for a draw when they needed a win and let Niger sneak through.

Cameroon and Nigeria simply don't play like a team; there's probably too much pressure on them in all fairness. Cote d'Ivoire are chokers, so Ghana have to be the favourites, they've been Africa's best tournament team save for Egypt over the last 6 years.

Senegal need to learn how to defend from what I saw against Zambia last night; if the Zambians win their games as expected Senegal could well be playing Cote d'Ivoire in the next round.

Tunisia are the only winner since 1992 who've actually qualified.

Well Didier MONSTER Drogba scored the only goal to give Ivory Coast a 1-0 win against Sudan.

The other game is currently 0-0 at Half time between Burkina Faso and Angola.

Lets hope day three brings a bit more excitement, both days have been poor so far.

Well game over it finished Burkina Faso 1-2 Angola in the last African cup of Nations game today.

Tomorrow sees:

Gabor v Niger
Morrocco v Tunisia

Looking forward to seeing Chamakh and Taarabt tomorrow.

On Tuesday it's:

Ghana v Botswana
Mali v Guinea

Did Cameroon, Nigeria and Egypt all fail to qualify??! Three of the best African teams? :shocked:

I haven't watched this years one.

But of all the teams, I want Ivory Coast to win, because they have DIDER oooooooooh DIDER! I think Senegal are out now, always liked them since I saw their first game in the 2002 World Cup, Ghana impressed me in the last World Cup too. So either of these three teams. :)

Sorry haven't updated this for a few days here's the results from those days:

Group D:

Ghana 1-0 Botswana
Mali 1-0 Guinea

Group A:
Libya 2-2 Zambia
Equatarial Guinea 2-1 Senegal

Group B:
Sudan 2-2 Angola
Ivory Coast 2-0 Burkina Faso

Group C:
Niger 1-2 Tunisia