A silent can of worms....

Personally i believe the Rules should be similar to football when it comes to owning race teams. Allowing people/companies to own more then 1 team has never exactly sat well with me.

Playing Devils Advocate there seemed to be no problem with Torro Rosso finishing ahead of Redbull in the 08 champ, let alone one driver holding up another in practice.

What exactly Helmuts role anyway? I know he has seen over the RedBull junior teams in the past. Does seem very over protective of Vettel too, dunno what it says about the other young guns? And also was he the guy Scott Speed got into fisticuffs with a few years back?

I read that Alguersuari was already going to get dropped by Singapore.

Whether this affected the decision I don't know, it's only minor, well to the viewed eye anyway

Under Paul Stoddart they were going nowhere. Red Bull have done the world of good for that team in every respect.

As it happens, Mateschitz has been trying to sell Toro Rosso for years; nobody apparently wants to buy.

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/60155.html
Red Bull boss Dietrich Mateschitz insists his Formula One teams are not for sale, although he would consider taking on a partner in Toro Rosso.
There was speculation earlier this month that Toro Rosso would be sold to the Abu Dhabi-based International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC), and while its brand CEPSA has appeared as sponsorship on the cars, Mateschitz says there are no plans to sell.

If Ferrari feel RBR is advantaged by also managing STR, there's nothing preventing them fielding a second team, calling it "Scuderia Dino" and letting LDM be the boss of them both. In fact, they keep clamouring for a third car, that would give them two third cars.

I don't think it's that monumentous an advantage (unless they're sharing team orders during a race). For one thing, there's only so much Adrian Newey to go around. For another, to a lesser degree, there are several other people who "command" certain aspects of the operations of several teams. All the engine builders do this, as do Pirelli. Which did become a bone of contention at one point last season when Pirelli decided RBR were running too much camber.

If Ferrari feel RBR is advantaged by also managing STR, there's nothing preventing them fielding a second team

If Ferrari felt RBR got an advantage from STR then they wouldn't supply them with engines! No one's ever raised a moan about it apart from fans, media and the odd grumpy driver so none of the others can have a problem with it! end of.

If Ferrari felt RBR got an advantage from STR then they wouldn't supply them with engines! No one's ever raised a moan about it apart from fans, media and the odd grumpy driver so none of the others can have a problem with it! end of.

Maybe they have, and maybe that's why Luca's pushing for 3 car teams...

Just like Vijay Mallya insisted he wasn't selling Force India and the next day we have Sahara Force India...
Mallaya did not sell Force India.He sold co ownership.
http://www.forceindiaf1.com/index/page_id/356/news_id/677
New Delhi, October 12, 2011: Sahara India Pariwar, a leading promoter and patron of sports in India, today announced an equity investment in the Force India Formula One Team, India’s only F1 team. Subsequent to subscribing to new shares, Sahara India Pariwar will be investing approximately USD 100 mn into the Force India Formula One Team. With this investment both the Sahara India Pariwar and Dr. Mallya will own 42.5% each in the team. The Mol family’s equity will be at 15%.

He sold a share in the company, now Sahara has a majority holding and can pretty much call the shots if they want to. Anyway people speculated Mallya called a press conference about selling the team, while he didn't strictly sell the team it was very close. Point is with F1 you can't believe anyone's word.

Back
Top Bottom