59th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring

Passing 6hrs.,45min. in the 12 Hours.............
LMP-1} #8 Team Peugeot Total Peugeot 908(S. Sarrazin), 1st overall/179 laps
LMP-2} #33 Level 5 Motorsports Lola-Honda(C. Bouchut), 24th overall/-15 laps
LMPC} #036 Genoa Racing Oreca-FLM(D. Cameron), 9th overall/-8 laps
GT} #51 AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia(P. Kaffer), 10th overall/-10 laps
GTE-Am} #57 Krohn Racing Ferrari F430(N. Jonsson), 22nd overall/-14 laps
GTC} #077 Magnus Racing Porsche 911 GT3(C. Stanton), 25th overall/-15 laps

Still great battles raging through LMP1 and GT past half-distance. The top five cars in GT are all on the same lap, and are five different makes of car! (Ferrari F430 and F458, BMW M3, Corvette and Porsche)

This is getting to be one heck of a race, Galahad............. :)

Class leaders at the 8hr.,15min. mark.......................
LMP-1} #8 Team Peugeot Total Peugeot 908(S. Sarrazin), 1st overall[213 laps]
LMPC} #036 Genoa Racing Oreca-FLM(M. Guasch), 9th overall[-9 laps]
GT} #56 BMW Motorsport BMW M3(J. Hand), 10th overall[-10 laps]
GTE-Am} #63 Proton Competition Porsche 911 RSR(R. Lietz), 21st overall[-15 laps]
GTC} #054 Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3(D. Faulkner), 24th overall[-18 laps]
LMP-2} #26 Signatech Oreca 03-Nissan(L. Ordonez), 38th overall[-22 laps]

Shadows are beginning to fall across the track as we begin the march into evening & night at Sebring.....

The HPD car looks pretty decent. Maybe the ACO have got the diesel/petrol equivalency right? The new 908 looks to have more peak speed potential, perhaps.

The HPD car looks pretty decent. Maybe the ACO have got the diesel/petrol equivalency right? The new 908 looks to have more peak speed potential, perhaps.

I've noticed that as well, Galahad. It looks like, from watching the ESPN3 feed, that the Peugeot's got better straight-line speed vs. the Highcroft HPD but on the reverse end, the HPD seems to have better torque/handling.......

..and we have another punctured tire; looks like the #018 Performance Tech entry. :o
Makes you wonder what the over/under on tire woes was for this race as many tire failures as there've been today... :o :o :o

Wasn't the #1 Audi's puncture put down to debris? There hasn't been massive amounts of contact, but I suppose only takes one piece to cause a puncture when that wheel is under stress.

Brabs has just set his car's fastest lap of the race - 1:49.8 compared to 1:49.5 for the ORECA 908 and 1:48.2 for the new 908.

Still, Lamy has still to get back in, doesn't he? That could be the opportunity for HPD (cruel, I know)

Wasn't the #1 Audi's puncture put down to debris? There hasn't been massive amounts of contact, but I suppose only takes one piece to cause a puncture when that wheel is under stress.

Brabs has just set his car's fastest lap of the race - 1:49.8 compared to 1:49.5 for the ORECA 908 and 1:48.2 for the new 908.

Still, Lamy has still to get back in, doesn't he? That could be the opportunity for HPD (cruel, I know)

I think so, but there was contact btwn. the #1 and a GT car; if I recall, most of the tire woes have been from debris rather than from contact today.

Ahh, shame for Oak, they're out of fourth. That promotes the Audis to fifth and sixth.

Me thinks Hindhaugh & Co. jinxed them; they were just praising that team's performance...........right after they finished, the camera cut to the Oak Racing entry pulling off-track........ :o:o :o

Problems for the #8 Peugeot?
Watching the ESPN3 feed....there appears to be a few loose bits on the front-nose section; the louvers' over one of the front tires is flapping.....

It appears the Peugeot team's getting set for both a regular stop & a nose-change also................Sacre bleu!

Ooh la la indeed. This is what I love about sportscars - you only need to be within, say, 2s per lap of the fastest car to be in with a chance of victory. It's all about getting the details right and extracting 100% of your own car's potential - because you can be sure most of your rivals won't be anywhere near 100%.

Ooh la la indeed. This is what I love about sportscars - you only need to be within, say, 2s per lap of the fastest car to be in with a chance of victory. It's all about getting the details right and extracting 100% of your own car's potential - because you can be sure most of your rivals won't be anywhere near 100%.

All it takes is one problem, one little incident or problem.........and a team's chances can either go up in smoke or fall into place. When you think about it, Galahad it's races like today at Sebring that remind why you why we all fell in love with motor racing to start with.

I'll say this.....if this is how good the racing is now, imagine what's in store when LeMans comes around in June....... 8-)

Approaching 9 and a qtr.-hours now as darkness falls around Sebring.................
LMP-1} #10 Oreca-Matmut Peugeot 908 HDi(L. Duval), 1st overall[245 laps]
GT} #56 BMW Motorsport BMW M3(A. Priaulx), 8th overall[-12 laps]
LMPC} #036 Genoa Racing Oreca-FLM(J. Petersen), 14th overall[-14 laps]
GTE-Am} #63 Proton Competition Porsche 911 RSR(G. Roda), 20th overall[-18 laps]
GTC} #054 Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3(S. Bleekemolen), 23rd overall[-22 laps]
LMP-2} #26 Signatech Oreca 03-Nissan(L. Ordonez), 27th overall[-25 laps]

Back
Top Bottom